rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rockers

I was looking to pick up a set of roller rockers for my car and im not sure wether to get 7/16 or 3/8 studs.. any info on this would be appreciated. 1986 crown victoria
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

if you are guinng with adjustable rockers, guide plates, hardened push rods, screw in studs ..... go with ARP 7/16 both ends and ARP poly locks.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Just get bolt down non adjustable rockers unless you are going to be putting a high performance set of heads on your engine. The heads need to be machined for screw in adjustable studs.

Comment

To use them on the stock or stock type heads, you need a 5/16" pedastal mount. Stock heads do not accept stud mount without work thats definitely not worth the effort on the stock heads.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

so these for example http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...spagenameZWDVW
          wouldnt work?

when i search for 5/16 pedastal i dont come up with much of anything, i found 5/16th studs but not with the rockers just the studs.. can i buy the rockers and just use the 5/16 studs? are the bolts interchangeable and i can use them as long as its pedastal mount?

confused.
          Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

these should work right?

Comment

Bid On These Or I Will :jammin:
              Last edited by Mercracer; 08-18-2007, 10:19 PM.

Comment

yea they are perfect

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Those are about $250 new. If you are serious, put in a bid of $100 to kick things off, and to shake off the bidders looking to get them for free. Under $75 is free and under $125 is really cheap

Comment

thx for the advertising merc! you could of atleast sent me a pm about that auction. lol j/k

only problem is, im hesitant about going to 1.7 after hearing all this hype about the 86 flat top pistons. i guess i could just resell em or hold on to them for future swaps if i have clearance issues. i havent done the conversion yet im still waitin on a few more parts but i mostly have all stock ho stuff including cam. who else here has a 86?? or has modified 86 5.0 motors?

Comment

with what camshaft and heads?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

stock ho cam. e6 heads. yea yea i know the e6 heads arent that great.

Comment

Theres also a set of those on Corral for sale for like $150, they show up all the time. Good rocker for a good price and they fit under stock valve covers if you want to be sneaky.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                            If you are serious, put in a bid of $100 to kick things off, and to shake off the bidders looking to get them for free.
                            Don't do that. It just drives your price up. Bid at the last second. If you bid now then someone will outbid you and then you accomplished nothing but raised your price. Most people don't realize that you can just bid $100 and you'll only owe the minimum winning bid price, not the $100.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              Good rocker for a good price and they fit under stock valve covers if you want to be sneaky.
                              Will they fit under the aluminum Mark VII valve covers?

Comment

Working...
                              X