Gas Tanks and Fuel System Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Tanks and Fuel System Overhaul

Does anybody make aftermarket or better yet, reproduction (OEM) fuel tanks for these cars (86 CV LX with EFI) or is this a JY only item? I will need to go to the JY anyway because I would like to get the fuel lines off of an 86 EFI CV anyways to make a pattern for newer and larger fuel lines. I figured that I am going to need a revised fuel system with the 331" stroker and I would like to try and get the pieces before it happens. I think Johnnie (Blaze) said that the in-tank fuel pumps are the same units that supply fuel for the 460 EFI trucks and vans. Were all of the EFI CVs equipped with these pumps or do I have to find one and ID it? That's all of the questions that I have for now.

Packman

You can buy fuel tanks brand new. I work at a parts store and it's rare, but once in a while someone needs a gas tank and we special order it for them. I don't know how helpful a large chain like AdvanceAuto would be (having dealt with them on only one occasion), but I work at a small-town one and we could easily get you one within a day or two.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I got a few larger auto chain stores to go to and a couple of the smaller ones as well. I will check with them and see what they got. Thanks again!!!!!!!

Packman

Comment

Radiator shops also deal with fuel tanks....
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
        X