82' Mark VI TPS Voltage values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82' Mark VI TPS Voltage values

Can anyone tell me what the voltage values should be on a 82' Mark VI? i believe my TPS has gone partially bad. Comming back onto throttle from coasting it will after a few seconds hesitate abruptly. Under WOT, it just bogs.

Things that i know are right:

Fuel pressure at WOT 42 psi (this is TBI remember)
    tune is fine
    timing is lined up with #1 perfectly

That should be of some assistance if anyone has had the same problem with a TBI based system.

Like i said, i have played around with adjusting the TPS and it does help, but not entirely (since i have no volt meter to test, and ARE NOT MECHANICALLY INCLINED AT ALL REALLY).

Help help help!!

--Len

http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=30 is about the best info I can give you. Thats for an EEC IV system, yours is EEC III, so its possible this is different. Normally to test them, I like to use an analog volt meter and slowly open the throttle with the engine off, but key on. if you see the needle spike or dip, then the TPS is bad.

Your problem could also possibly be vacuum related. Do you have any leaks? That will throw off the computer and make it run all sorts of funny.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=30 is about the best info I can give you. Thats for an EEC IV system, yours is EEC III, so its possible this is different. Normally to test them, I like to use an analog volt meter and slowly open the throttle with the engine off, but key on. if you see the needle spike or dip, then the TPS is bad.

Your problem could also possibly be vacuum related. Do you have any leaks? That will throw off the computer and make it run all sorts of funny.
      Dont really know about the vacuum leaks to be honest.

However, my next question would be is, if i CARB it, will i bypass the TPS and a couple of other regulatory sensors???

Comment

there will be no sensors if you put a calibrated vacuum leak on it.

Honestly I'd spend some time checking out what you currently have before jumping directly to a carb, especially if you don't happen to have a lot of experience with them. Its usually cheaper to learn about the existing system than to replace with another system that is equally mysterious. I should also mention the fuel calculations in the digital dash will no longer work if you put a carb on.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I will tinker around with it more... Besides, i have time =)

Comment

Working...
          X