Less power?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guess what guys?! it was the timing @_@
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

So how does it feel now?
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Just how far off WAS it?
        1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
          So how does it feel now?
          x2
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by OVERKILL View Post
            Just how far off WAS it?
            Yea that too
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

It was about an INCH off in the retarded direction I believe. It has MUCH better power now hahahahaha WHOOO. But still I thinks it should be faster...I have an original coil pack and older ignition wires on there right now, and crappy copper plugs. After all thats fixed it should be faster.
              1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar View Post
                It was about an INCH off in the retarded direction I believe. It has MUCH better power now hahahahaha WHOOO. But still I thinks it should be faster...I have an original coil pack and older ignition wires on there right now, and crappy copper plugs. After all thats fixed it should be faster.
                It's platinum plug time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Get some track times damn it!
                  1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

I will, next thursday! next thursday is $10 fun run and tune at the track nearest me. I was getting on the highway coming home a few mins ago and I floored it from the entrance ramp and just let it stay that way until 110. It got up there a lot faster than it used to!! and I could FEEL the power increase around 3500+ rpm. after 4K im going about 100 and it just PULLS after that until I run out of steam at 115-117 and 5200rpm in 3rd.

Comment

Are you coming to Scottfest? There is a Test and Tune at the track that they're holding the drag races at. 'Cept you gotta wear a helmet. See how fast you are against other panthers. If you'd like to. I think the vehicle registration is 10 bucks there too.

Comment

I would love to, but I have a calc exam that next tuesday after and I may need the weekend to study. But I am going to try and make it for Friday festivities and at least spend friday night. I would love to race Scott and Thain's lincolns and see how they compare, as well as all you guys.
                        Oh I almost forgot I still have to add parts that are laying around my garage...
                        1. Electric Fan
                        2. Equal Length Headers (1 1/2")
                        3. Cat-free H-pipe
                        4. Platinum Plugs
                        5. MSD or FRPP 8.5mm plug wires
                        6. MSD Blaster coil
                        Last edited by 89LincolnTWNcar; 07-13-2007, 12:28 AM.

Comment

From my experience, Plantinum plugs suck in EFI Ford engines. I stick with autolite coppers. depending on heat range, autolite 24,25 or 26 work well, can get them at any parts store and relatively inexpensive. cutting back the bottome electrode helps a bit too, but makes the plug wear faster.

Never been too excited about MSD stuff either. The stock ingition coil and module are usually good for mild applications, wires seem to be a personal preference, but I would suggest wires, coil and module from these guys; http://www.performancedistributors.com/5.0ignition.htm
                          Last edited by 88grandmarq; 07-13-2007, 10:28 AM.
                          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I've had great luck with Platinum plugs in both the Mustang and the Lincoln, as well as the MSD products.

Comment

Eric is just in love with his stock stuff. I love MSD products, and the autolite platnums are good too...
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Jacobs eletronics ignition manual he stated somethig about not liking them for high output systems. The guys stuff is realy a bit better that like MSD. Have used some of his porducts. Not the best on customer service. But he did inventthe variable rate pacemaker he knows his electronics.
                                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                                X