Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serpentine Belt Question

Thanks in advance for your input guys.

I want to remove the smog pump and close it up.

Question: What size serpentine belt do I need to get?

--I have a stock 5.0 with AC - keeping AC--

Someone did a kinda writeup on this and other stuff - but this point was never addressed.

I think the belt you need is the 560k6. 56" 6 rib belt.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ahh.. many thanks gadget!

Comment

Great info Gadget, thanks!
        sigpic

Comment

Someone go buy one already and let me know if my memory is correct lol.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Follow up question.. can I buy the new belt, put it on and leave the smog stuff for a few weeks till I get a chance to remove it all?

Comment

If you remove the pulley from the smog pump, it should fit fine. Not 100% sure if you can put the shorter belt in there with the smog pump pulley in place and not have the belt hit the pulley. Not having the smog pump spinning with the piping still in place won't hurt anything though.

Comment

Thanks Mang

Comment

Working...
                X