valve springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valve springs

what springs do i need for stock 5.0 ho cam/motor.. could someone dig me up a link?
    all these springs have me confused. im just looking to replace old ones for peace of mind while im in there, not looking to increase lift or throw anything out of whack. any tips or recommendations?
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
    what springs do i need for stock 5.0 ho cam/motor.. could someone dig me up a link?
    all these springs have me confused. im just looking to replace old ones for peace of mind while im in there, not looking to increase lift or throw anything out of whack. any tips or recommendations?
    What I did for an engine currently running a stock '90 HO cam and soon to have E7TE heads (also stock HO) was to go to a Ford dealer and order a set of stock springs for a '95 Mustang. They're about the same price as other sources, and I feel better without the guesswork when everything relevant is a factory-issued combination anyway. I got them from Courtesy Ford in Okemos, Michigan, and I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you the part number if you look them up on Yahoo Yellow Pages and give them a call. Oddly, another dealer much closer to the machine shop I've been using wasn't able to get them for me despite showing a 10-years-newer part number - go figure. I'll still see if I can dig up my record of the part number, though - I think I have it on my computer back home.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Trickflow makes a replacement spring kit that is HIGHLY recommended.
      1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Here's the link to the single kit:

And here is the heavier double spring kit:

1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

thanks!!
          Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Not sure where my dealer receipt is, but RockAuto.com lists Sealed Power part number VS918 for intake and VS919 for exhaust (8 of each required)
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I like the trickflow kit, that is what is installed on my new motor...
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
              X