circle track car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another quick question

You guys are great!!! It makes a person happy to see a forum that is actually mature ppl, with one main objective in mind! With that said, I have a question. I'm running the duraspark II ignition system, and it is just the bare essentials to make it run, I have the battery mounted behind the racing seat in the car. The alternator is still in, but not hooked up. I know it would suck some hp out of it, but I am more concerned about the battery charging. Any quick ideas on what wires to run, and if I need a voltage regulator to hook it back up.

Comment

Definitely need the voltage regulator.

Comment

If you have the older external VR setup, S on the reg to S on the alt, F on the reg to F on the alt, there should be a battery sense wire (B on the reg I think) that just needs to go to the battery + terminal, and the I on the VR goes to a key-switched hot wire, or through the idiot light if you want.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X