Stang IAC the same as CV IAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stang IAC the same as CV IAC?

I was wondering if the stang IAC would work on my wagon. I am pretty sure my IAC took a dump on the wagon as I needed to start it today (first time in over a month) cause we are cleaning the shop for open house. It cranked and cranked and no fire. I was having issues with it not wanting to stay running in idle when in park before I parked it for the bodywork. Anyway a classmate has a 90 stang and I was wondering if they are the same? The look the same and I just wanted to swap them real quick and see if that was the problem. They probably are but I just want to double check.

Thanks
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

They are basically the same and it should bolt to the throttle body. The only problem is the stang IAC has its plug bent on a 90 degree angle and is physically smaller. It makes it tough to plug the IAC in, I can't remember if I did or didn't get it to plug in when I tried one before (had complete 90 ho upper and lower intakes), you can try though and it should run.
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

What he said. If you plug it in before bolting it up, it works. Same electrically but the plug has the stupid angle.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I will see if he will let me borrow it for 10 minutes.

Comment

Well damn that wasn't it. I am getting fuel cause i can smell it. So I gotta check for spark, looked it over so many times and I have all the connectors plugged in.

Comment

Bet it needs a new TFI...
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

If the IAC was bad, you could still get it started if you give it a little bit of throttle. It just wouldn't idle.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
                Bet it needs a new TFI...
                x2 mine went at 23k
                1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Can you test the TFI? Yeah when the IAC shit the bed on my 2000 I could get it to fire but I had to give it gas to keep it going.

Comment

if it dont spark, its bad, lol. not really a way to test it that i'm aware of, pretty much they work or they dont. having spare parts laying around to swap on makes a good test.

Comment

Can you have a partially bad TFI module? Making the car shake at idle?

Comment

Not usually. When they go, they either stop totally, or makes the car run like fermented feces when it gets hot. Usually they'll just conk out when the motor is warmed up or something else thats very irritating. The car will be pretty much completely undriveable if its bad though, assuming it runs at all. Mine crapped out sitting at a stop light, engine just shut off like I turned the key. No prior symptoms, just stopped working.

Comment

Working...
                        X