No announcement yet.

will i see any power increase just changine to ho upper intake and tb and egr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will i see any power increase just changine to ho upper intake and tb and egr

wondering if i do ho upper intake tb and egr with a 2.5 dual exhuast will be my power gain , since the motor only has 98k on it im not doing cam or heads till at least next summer so anything else help gain more power with out doing major work
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

That's pretty much what Mike did...

For discussions on performance modifications to the 5.0/5.8 engine. Includes engine swaps and whatever else you can think of.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

whoops read that wrong i thought he got that low with heads and cam
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

What rear does your car have also? Look into a 3.55 track lock rear and bump up the TV pressure to a higher setting. My car is pretty quick with similar mods and a 3.27 rear while still maintaing 17-24mpg depending on driving conditions.
        Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
        2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
        Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
        Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

if your going that route, might as well do everything else too

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

well i m will next summer for now intake tb and egr cause i dont have $$ or time
            sigpic

Comment

Made a difference on mine,but I allready had 2.5in dual exhaust before I installed it.The car is decently quick,and I'm happy for now until I do the full conversion later this year.

Comment

Working...
              X