MORE CARB QUESTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MORE CARB QUESTIONS

When you switch over to a carb from cfi do you need to change the distributor? If you could direct me to the right thread about all I need to know to convert over to a 4-barrel carb from cfi. Thanks for all the help.
    My new baby!

Yes you will need to change the distributor. I don't recall the thread, but I'm sure it's around here somewhere.

The distributor needs to have the vacuum advance unit (round silver thing sticking out on the side of the dizzy). Usually, people will use a Duraspark system from earlier Ford products. Or for an even simpler installation use an old Ford distributor with points and a consdensor (converted with an Ignitor preferably).
    1990 Country Squire - under restoration
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Here's a link to a carb swap article that I never bothered to finish. It should have enough to get ya started

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Yeah, the duraspark setup is good...

Oh yeah, don't waste your time with a 2bbl, either...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Im back to a 2 barrel on mine and love it. Works better than 4 barrel I tried on here. But Ive got a holley 2300, not a ford 2150.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

my car had a 4bbl on it for a few hours till i found out my 4bbl intake was fucked oh well ill get a better intake sooner or later

Comment

Working...
            X