I got to thinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to thinking.

Would a Bad TPS or EGR sensor. Cause my car to stall? I got to thinking, and membered where i bought them sensros at... AutoCrap... >_> i dont know what i was thinking.. But it would make since..

Anyways thoughts!!!

Thanks mang's/Mangets!!!!

D.K.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Yeah, but where you bought the stuff from doesn't mean it's garbage...It can, but it prolly isn't the problem...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Well it's a thought Seeing how i got it from autozone, And my car didnt stall when i bought it... :-D I also just rezed a old tread in the CFI section :-P
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Did you check your Idle Speed Control (ISC or throttle air bypass)? That was the problem I just fixed with some carb cleaner on my ma's CV. Perhaps you or a shop can scan your car for codes.
        Packman

Comment

Humm, well i put a little wd40 on the TPS. and got a screwdriver and tightened it a bit. Seemed to help.. But then agine ive done so many things before and it seemed to help. then the next day right back where i was..

Any rate.. we shall see tomarow or later in the day :-D.

Pacman.. never even herd of the ISC or TAB... got a pic of the location and actuale part :-P.. Ill look it up on autozone.com but They dont have pics :-(

Thanks mang's

D.K.

Comment

Still no good.. tried it just a min ago stalled 4 times in the driveway...

Where would you fellers recomend getting a TPS at? Advanced Napa or Oriley?

Comment

Napa's got about 4 of them. With difrent prices..

Comment

Advance has a low price garuntee...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

after looking and doing research on this im about 75% sure its the tps due to it's a wells. now then, i went to napa ang got this one :-P

http://napaonline.com/masterpages/NO...on+Sensor+(TPS)

I came to that conclusion tru a feller named Patrick On the other side..

Comment

Any one got any tips for taking that screw stuff off of the tps without it umm. Going evreywhere?? Im thinking on ruber bands. What do you fellers thing?

Comment

what "screw stuff" ? There are 2 screws that hold it on. Use a magnetic tip screwdriver and the screws won't vanish.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The choke screws.. Ill try to get a pic up.. Just went and got my part fixing to put it on :-P

see here :-P

Last edited by DarkKnight; 04-10-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Verdict..

Well im not sure on the Verdict... When first crunk.. Cold at that she will sit there all good and all in park. But when swicthed to "R" She will stall..

Now then with that said i drove her one mille one way and one mille back. And stoped and goed in the drive way about uhh... 10 - 15 times.. All good
                          ( Use to she woulda stalled around the 2nd time..

With that done i went and kept her in d and on a slope where i park. With the brakes on for 15 min's... She never stalled i then put her in "R" agine and the engine coldent make up it's mind.. If it wonted high or low rpms.. ^_^ so it would go rather quickly between the two.. And after 5 min's like that it would stall.

Drove to the store. Walked in got a recee cup and came back out ( Use to she woulda stalled here ) Went to the stop sign.. And no stalling.. At this point she is full warmed up. im sure ( Which use to it didnt matter if u where cold or hot.)

Got back to the drive way and done about 20 - 25 stop and go's And still no stalling.. Change to "R" Still nothing... But the engine still coldent make up it's mind if it wanted high or low rpms...

Anyways.. I do hope this helps someone.. With CFI if not now. but down the road..

my conclusion??

I think now i need to set up a choke..

Pete mang any sujestions besides that dern stock choke? Didint i see you do a write up on making a Switch where you could get some 3-5000 RPM's with the flick of a switch... Woldent this elemanate the Hocky puck?

Well thanks for looking. And i hope it helps :-P

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight View Post
                            Would a Bad TPS or EGR sensor. Cause my car to stall? I got to thinking, and membered where i bought them sensros at... AutoCrap... >_> i dont know what i was thinking.. But it would make since..

Anyways thoughts!!!

Thanks mang's/Mangets!!!!

D.K.
                            Well if you accelarate, mine would stall. Try this. Disconnect the tps wire. Then let the car warm up. If you can. Then plug the wire back in. If the sensor is good then it will take over and it won't stall.

Comment

Done put the new one in Mang :-P

Comment

Working...
                              X