Truck 302's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck 302's

Does anybody have the run down on a truck 302?

I know they have E7 heads and 19lb injectors, but they run a single oxygen sensor so the wiring is a little different. Intake is obviously different/taller. What is the firing order? Can an HO cam be swapped in?
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Its batch fire so you can swap the cam without it really mattering too much to the EFI. Think CFI but with 4 injectors wired to each injector driver instead of 1 injector. If you want to know the nitty gritty on the actual wiring, fordfuelinjection.com has a lot of wiring diagrams.

The HO cam loses somewhat on the low end torque side so if this is for a truck, it might not work so great. Also, most trucks were flat tappet cams. I don't know for sure if the blocks are capable of using a roller cam. Probably they are but you'd need to verify it.

Standard lopo 302 firing order for a truck.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

if its a '92+ motor, you can run a roller cam. before that, you can run almost any other camshaft made for the older 302 dating back to the 60s. unless you convert to carb or MAF, you cant go radical with the cam. the system is speed density and it requires 19" of vacuum at idle for it to run right unless you get a custom tune for it.
      LTD is still here

Comment

I thought I found a good local deal on fullsizebronco on a 302, but there is an even better one on eBay. $15 for a 302 F150 engine. Still wantin a 351 though.

How hard is it to find a non-roller cam that will work with SD?
        -Matt
        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I wired my sisters 87 f150 on a cv computer. Didnt like it at all.
          1989 Grand Marquis LS
          flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
            if its a '92+ motor, you can run a roller cam. .
            If it is a 86+ you can run a roller cam. All of the blocks cast after 86 were cast and machined for roller camshafts. You just need to add the roller hardware. All 302 and 351W motors from 94 on used the same HO style roller cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride View Post
              I wired my sisters 87 f150 on a cv computer. Didnt like it at all.
              You split the injector wiring up so it actually ran 8 sperate injector drivers ?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X