How wide is your radiator core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How wide is your radiator core?

Bought a new radiator for the 90. Advertised as three row but a two row arrived.
    I would like to know how wide your radiator core is, one, two, three, whatever core for comparison. I've heard copper cores are thinner than aluminum cores and I wonder if that is making the difference.

Stock one row on my 90 is 7/8". The new one (really two row) is 1 3/4". Both are aluminum cores.

Also if one of you has the wide top mount or bottom mounts and you're willing to part with them, I may be interested once I figure out if I am keeping this radiator.
    1990 Country Squire - under restoration
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

The radiator on the Town Car is a two row. Factory unit, I think.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

When I put in the dual core radiator in mine, I used a utility knife to hog out the rubber in the lower mount. The upper, I got at a junk yard. The thin side (on base models) wider lower mount is pretty much performance/tow package with the optional radiator only, so it's rare to find one of those.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I do the same on the bottom mounts. I have the longer uppers if needed. WagonMan
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I think its actually a 2 row, 1985 police car 351 part. copper/brass, uses the upper rad hose with the smaller end. Been in there for years, doesn't get hot. its thicker than the original single core aluminum though.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have a 4 core in my 89' Towncar, it's a bit tight but keeps it cool
            1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

I found the four core listed for early 80's town cars but not currently available anywhere that I see.

I think I will keep this radiator. The stocker overheated on me on a reasonably warm but not hot day last fall. New fan clutch and clean condenser/radiator. Of course, I'll have to get this thing back together before I worry too much about it since it's in woodgrain jail right now.

Thanks for the input everyone.
              Last edited by Tiggie; 08-20-2024, 09:42 PM.
              1990 Country Squire - under restoration
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
              X