Vac Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vac Line

Any one got a pic of the vac line on the E brake? I am wanting to do as i was told which is plug it... And i belive i found it but im not 100% sure so anyone got a Photo of one? Or mind snaping one reall quick?

On a side not i spent 3 hours cleaning my CFI today :-D
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Plugs into a horse shoe shaped white vacuum switch at the base of the steering colum
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Ok yup that be it :-D, do i just disconect it from the horse shoe and plug it?

And last Novice question.. Will i still be able to release my E brake?
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

The line coming from the firewall

Comment

Dark, the e-brake has a manual disconnect too, it's the horizontal T-handle several inches above the one that releases the hood open. My auto release has been removed, as I wanna be able to keep the car still with the tranny in gear and the engine running.

Oh, and there are actually two vacuum lines there, one comes through the firewall to the vacuum switch, and another one gos from the switch to the e-brake release servo, you only need to plug the one going through the firewall.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2007, 04:32 AM.

Comment

So theres an Auto Release?^_^ I didnt know that i allways use that little t thingy :-/

Comment

what did you think the vacuum line was for???
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

hell i dunno thats why i been going wtf to the whole, vac line e brake thing.. Is this connected to the umm brake booster also?

Comment

No. All it does is pop the parking brake when you put the car in gear. Its an anti-idiot measure so people wont cook the back brakes by driving around with the parking brakes on.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

mmkas, well mine dosent work then ). I ran my vic when i first got it with the e brake down not knowing it was down :-/ Humm, them horse shoe white things leak alot dont they? I got another place with a smaalll leak with a horse shoe in it. :: Thinking on how to fix it:::. Its behind the egr, ill try and get a pic sometime )

Comment

I just plug em. Its for Q tips. Coursse there is the plastic manual pull handle linkagehave broken a few of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X