No announcement yet.

a question in need of an answer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what one do we boxes have, a b or c? i have an 86.

Comment

Should be a B.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok, cuz if i have a b, thats whats in mustangs, so if im doing an h.o. conversion, theres no need to upgrade. thats just what i think im just gonna upgrade my tranny with a shift kit and mustang governor. but i need to take off the oil pan for the shift kit right? do i have to take the engine out to do that?

Comment

The oil pan needs to come off the trans, not the engine. So no, the engine can stay in.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

okay, and this question doesnt really have to do with the topic, but can i install the camshaft without removing the engine?

Comment

yes...from what I understand, you would just need to take out the radiator and front grille...
              BTW, you might want to consider a 2000 stall torque converter.
              whenever you go to the drag strip, it will make your launches a lot better.
              what it means is that you can rev the car up to 2000rpm standing still.
              the benefit is that when you launch, you'll be at the powerband of your cam.
              that's why you see really built cars putting in higher stall converters like 3000stall..
              just a suggestion...I think I mentioned it before...if so, sorry for the repost
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Yep, radiator and A/c condenser must come out. I didnt need to pop out the grille, but there is a bar in the middle of the core support for the hood latch that gets in the way a tiny bit. But you can fiddle your way around it.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

alright, sweet thanks fellas! yeah, im not doin a stall convertor, ive kind of flipped my opinion on what i want to do to the merc. awhile back i wanted to take out the tranny and engine, rebuild them both and repaint the whole car........ ive decided thats far too fancy for the conditions the car is put in.... when im not drivin it, it sits in the rain, snow, beating sun, whatever the case may be, it would turn crappy too soon for how much work id put into it, u know?

Comment

I understand completely...don't want to dump too much money into the Merk and end up having to get another car as a daily driver
                    sigpic
                    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                    X