No announcement yet.

how fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, I know they go and go and go but I dislike rust and scale inside an engine. I worked as a marine mechanic for a while on the Chesapeake bay. You should see the insides of one of those motors after being run in semi-salt for a while. Every year I pull the block drains on my 350 Chevys, and mud and rust and all sorts of other garbage comes out of there. Not pleasent stuff and I wouldn't want it in my car.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
      yeah, I know they go and go and go but I dislike rust and scale inside an engine. I worked as a marine mechanic for a while on the Chesapeake bay. You should see the insides of one of those motors after being run in semi-salt for a while. Every year I pull the block drains on my 350 Chevys, and mud and rust and all sorts of other garbage comes out of there. Not pleasent stuff and I wouldn't want it in my car.
      I was more implying that you picture the sheer amount of CRAP that the engine in question would have built up in it

I used to have to drain those engines for winter and dear Christ, the crap that came out of them was UNREAL.
      1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Working...
      X