how fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercracer
    That argument doesn't fly. The manifold already existed on the marine 351W motors. They produced the manifold for the Lightning which was a MUCH smaller production run than all of the 5.8 CV cop cars from 1986-1991.

Who cares that Ford never produced a EFI CV. Factory Ford parts exist to do the conversion for cheap.
    What's the story on the marine 351W manifold? Is it like a Lightning manifold, or a truck manifold, or is it something entirely different?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
      What's the story on the marine 351W manifold? Is it like a Lightning manifold, or a truck manifold, or is it something entirely different?
      It looks like the Lightning manifold but it is cast iron.

Comment

How common are those? Easier to find than Lightning manifolds?

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Definitely cheaper. The last few I found were around $100 a pop.

Comment

Hmmm...intriguing. I shall have to keep track of this information.

Comment

where could you get one of these manafolds from? the marine ones

Comment

E-bay or marine salvage/repair yards.

Comment

are they fuel injected manafolds?

Comment

That's what we have been talking about the whole time....

Comment

ok just wanted to make 100% sure before i go looking for them

Comment

Has anyone done a 1995 Ford Lightning motor or similar set up in a CV? I figured that if the Lightning motors can move an F-150 then they can move a CV as well.
                        Packman

Comment

Originally posted by xxslow50xx
                          ok just wanted to make 100% sure before i go looking for them
                          All GT40 lowers look generally identical. The 351W version is just slightly wider.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
                            It looks like the Lightning manifold but it is cast iron.
                            What do one of these weigh? 40#s?
                            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Probably easily whatever a 4bbl intake weighs, 40-50 lbs probably. I have this great distrust of using marine parts, mostly because I've seen how nasty and rusty the cooling passages get on marine parts that aren't lucky enough to have a closed cooling system. Running raw water through iron makes it get funky.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                                Probably easily whatever a 4bbl intake weighs, 40-50 lbs probably. I have this great distrust of using marine parts, mostly because I've seen how nasty and rusty the cooling passages get on marine parts that aren't lucky enough to have a closed cooling system. Running raw water through iron makes it get funky.

1947 Chris-Craft with original I-6. LOTS of lake miles on it............

Just imagine One of the 47 boats my grandfather owned
                                1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Working...
                                X