New sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New sound

New sound, it's coming from the engine whille the engine is running.. And it sounds like a bad starter... that high pitch sound? Any ways its really bad on first start up then melows out but it stays...

Any ideas of what this might be from?
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Starter? The AOD can be a noisy bitch also.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Could be the starter not fully disengaging after you turn the key. I had this same problem after I got my ma's CV; it would make this loud screaching noise after start-up and then quiet down a little, but continue on during normal driving. At first I thought it was a noisy or worn belt so I replaced one worn belt and put belt dressing on the other. The problem still persisted. I got under the car (of course I had it chocked and resting against my Dad's truck) and had my father start it up. That's when I realized it was the starter. I changed it out; problem solved.
      Packman

Comment

Humm, i hope so! Sounds like lifters being dry and grinding like a mofo... imo...

I hope that the AOD isnt that noisey..

As a matter of fact though thats exzactley what it's doing pack man. Thanks for the info :-D
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

just put a new one on.. but ill check tomarow.. This oil leak is really getting to me now... Got me woundering if it might be a oily belt.. ^_^

Comment

high pitch squeal sounds like belt noise. Take them off and start the motor for a minite. if the noise goes away, you know what it is. The AOD sounds like a power steering pump low on fluid. Usually the noise goes away as soon as you put it in gear. Mine only makes noises in park.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It was the starter.. :-( ::: Waves fist at car ::::

Comment

How about this for a sound: Ever since I bumped the TV pressure up on the CV, during cold weather, there is the occassional high pitch *eeeeeeeeeee* coming from down below. Goes away when you step on the throttle. Happens when the car is in park or when in gear and not moving. Too much TV pressure?

Comment

My car does that with a brand new trans. Seems like it's common with these transmissions.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Thanks. Guess I'll just have to tolerate the sound, then.

Comment

Buy a louder stereo, the AOD noise goes away
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I love panthers, I really do. And I think you should try to save them. But Darkknight, yours sounds like the biggest hunk of shit out there. The rest of the car might be fine but mechaniclly it sounds like you'll go broke trying to fix it. I've put up with a lot of shitty vehicles in the past. Hell, I used to light a fire in my carb to get my car to start on cold mornings. But I never, NEVAR had so many problems as your car. I would seriously look for a new engine and tranny.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Yeah, that is the most annoying noise aside from catastrophic engine failure. My Chevelle has had a sticky starter for years. The engine sounds like a beast, but every once in a while it grinds upon startup. Really annoying when you're trying to impress the ladies.
                          Packman

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
                            I love panthers, I really do. And I think you should try to save them. But Darkknight, yours sounds like the biggest hunk of shit out there. The rest of the car might be fine but mechaniclly it sounds like you'll go broke trying to fix it. I've put up with a lot of shitty vehicles in the past. Hell, I used to light a fire in my carb to get my car to start on cold mornings. But I never, NEVAR had so many problems as your car. I would seriously look for a new engine and tranny.

Been getting told that now for a whille.. Yea, new engine and trany would be a good start.. and i got them allready pin pointed.. But.. i lack the funds for it..

Spent to much on it now though just to junk it..

It really has inproved 110% since i got it.. Really...
                            Shoulda seen my post on cvn...

Comment

Working...
                            X