No announcement yet.

Speed limiter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raced a neon and a sunfire before w/ my first vic. sunfire was cuttin out at 120mph, neon said he was about 130mph and said i was pullin away. i left them both at the lights and they never caught me. it was a stock 5.0 w/ 2.71 gears. i did tweak the engine some but no mods to speak of. i have been disappointed in the other 2 i have now. they can hit 115-120. not fast enuf for me.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

a neon hittin 130 hell no lol.

Ive had my grand marquis speedo pegged like the one above

and i did this in a 1997 CVPI with 200k+ miles on it. a little over 130 it read
      Attached Files
      1999 CVPI
      Old Rides
      1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
      1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic
        raced a neon and a sunfire before w/ my first vic. sunfire was cuttin out at 120mph, neon said he was about 130mph and said i was pullin away. i left them both at the lights and they never caught me. it was a stock 5.0 w/ 2.71 gears. i did tweak the engine some but no mods to speak of. i have been disappointed in the other 2 i have now. they can hit 115-120. not fast enuf for me.

:bs:
        Last edited by boXman; 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by trife86
          a neon hittin 130 hell no lol.

Ive had my grand marquis speedo pegged like the one above

and i did this in a 1997 CVPI with 200k+ miles on it. a little over 130 it read
          Neon Sport Coupes can hit that speed, and definitely rape one of our cars in a race.
          1988 Mercury Grand Marquis
          Brakestand machine.

Comment

95-100mph with the claws. Normal tires around 120 ish depending on diameter. after 90 mph in overdrive I start slowing back down till I drop to 3rd. So My top speed is wide open in 3rd. I need gears bad.
            1989 Grand Marquis LS
            flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Top speed that we ever hit when my dad owned the car and it was like maybe 2 years old was 180Km/h (111Mph), never tried to go faster than that. I've yet to find out how fast it goes now that it has the HO conversion and I own it..... I've had my Mustang doing ~245Km/h, so about 152Mph........... It just started getting scary at that point...........
              1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Ive had my 88 stang up to 4700rpm in 5th gear whatever that amounts to with a 3.73 rear end
                1999 CVPI
                Old Rides
                1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
                1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

Originally posted by trife86
                  Ive had my 88 stang up to 4700rpm in 5th gear whatever that amounts to with a 3.73 rear end
                  ~136Mph.
                  1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

I buried the 140 mph speedo in my 2.3 stang numerous occasions. Felt pretty good. I've had a 35th anny Camaro SS to over 140 also. Sure didn't take long.
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                      I buried the 140 mph speedo in my 2.3 stang numerous occasions. Felt pretty good. I've had a 35th anny Camaro SS to over 140 also. Sure didn't take long.
                      The 'ol Slowmarrow eh? hehhehe

Apparently, according to the gear calculator, I was actually doing closer to 160Mph in the Mustang that day, given that it had 3.08's out back........ I honestly have no idea how fast the car would actually go, I let off, as I said, it started to get a little scary.....

Top speed for my car this year (the Capri obviously, not the Lincoln), with my 7,000RPM shift point, pretending of course that the T5 doesn't blow up and that the car would have enough power to get there: 206.3Mph

HAHAHHAHHAHA Yeah, like that's gonna happen

What year of Camaro did you have? A buddy of mine has an '80, but it has no engine ATM.

Comment

35th anny Camaro SS ... Do the math J/K it was a 2003. Not mine, a friends, with only 1300 miles on the clock. Also drove 94 and 96 Z28's. Man those are garbage. Well, they all are in terms of build quality. Run decent though. I used to trade the 87 vic for the 96 Z28 on weekends. He'd bracket race the vic. I'd beat on the Z.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                          35th anny Camaro SS ... Do the math J/K it was a 2003. Not mine, a friends, with only 1300 miles on the clock. Also drove 94 and 96 Z28's. Man those are garbage. Well, they all are in terms of build quality. Run decent though. I used to trade the 87 vic for the 96 Z28 on weekends. He'd bracket race the vic. I'd beat on the Z.

I'm not a big GM follower, didn't even think to remember what year the Camaro started production, not like 64 1/2 for the Mustang.......... hehehhe

The cars just before the production ceased were nice...... GM finally got it right before they axed it Too bad they didn't sell.

I've heard that the early to mid 90's ones were rattle boxes that creaked and groaned and felt cheap, is this true?
                          Last edited by OVERKILL; 01-24-2007, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OVERKILL
                            I'm not a big GM follower, didn't even think to remember what year the Camaro started production, not like 64 1/2 for the Mustang.......... hehehhe

The cars just before the production ceased were nice...... GM finally got it right before they axed it Too bad they didn't sell.

I've heard that the early to mid 90's ones were rattle boxes that creaked and groaned and felt cheap, is this true?
                            Oh hell yeah. GARBAGE. The automatics would pop the center console out if you manually shifted to first. The 94 had the doorskin fall off, the glue went bad. The 96 never ran right. All 3 had tons of rattles (even the BRAND NEW 03) None had any feeling of solidity. The seating position was horrible and the ride was pretty rough. Handled pretty well and ran fairly good though. I couldn't stand to drive them for more than 2 days. Ford's build quality is much better, and Ford wanted to sell cars to everyone. Not just gearheads like chevy did. I'd love an LS series motor in a fox mustang...

Comment

Come on now, the LS motors are just GM adopting all the good things of the small block Ford Same exhaust port spacing, same firing order........

Comment

The sure run better than the fords did... And it's not like ford didn't copy any of chevy's stuff... (panther chassis, 3.8L V6)

Comment

Working...
                                X