Do you think this will work????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think this will work????

The owner of an auto parts store that I go to is selling his clapped out Town Squire for $500. He said the body is no good, but the 5.0L and AOD has only 90,000 miles and still runs strong. I am thinking of using the engine as the base for a HO conversion. Do you think this is good idea? My Dad is grumbling about there being a lack of space in the garage, but I am thinking this is a good deal. What do you think?
    Packman

Town Squire? What the hell is that, a Lincoln Wagon lol? Anywho, it sounds good to me, as long as there are no problems with the engine. With 90K it shouldn't need a rebuild.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

too much money
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Sorry about that, it is the station wagon version of the CV, I just can't think of the name right now. It is a lopo and I was thinking new/aftermarket performance cylinder heads, intake, cam, new coil, and complete exhaust on the engine. In New Jersey that is not a bad deal since everything over here is overpriced and the core of the old AOD could be used to buy a new one. The only problem is that my Dad is complaining about lack of space in the garage so any suggestions for excuses I could use would be welcome. My Dad knows just about every excuse I have and would use.
        Packman

Comment

Should see if 83 countrysquire can use any of the bodyparts and split the cost.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

You can buy an Explorer motor for $500.

Comment

Where would I get an Explorer motor other than scouring the JYs? I know of one that I could go to, but I think it might be hard to find a good shortblock. Ford Motorsports lists their 5.0L/302 shortblock for $1395 which is over twice the price of what I am looking at. I know very little of these engines. Thank you for your help.
              Packman

Comment

Go to car-part.com and look at the bone yards near you. Then pick up the phone and call the other yards not listed. They should be cheap and plentiful.

Comment

If you can't locate one of those, Mark VII engines are also not hard to come by, and all 88-92 Mark VII engines are an HO. Should be able to get one pulled for maybe $250 bucks. Cant use the transmission in a Vic, but the motor will work for you. Heads aren't as good but they can be worked on, replaced, or whatever. The shortblock is a good rebuild candidate though, and you get the forged pistons and HO camshaft vs the cast pistons and crap Vic cam.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yea i would get an engine out of a 88-92 mark7

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I located a running 1990 Lincoln 5.0L Mk VII engine in Middlesex county (NJ) and I am currently negotiating with my Dad about going over there to look at it (he's the only person I know with a truck). I told him that I would be saving money by using the short block from this engine. I'll see what I can do, if this fails I can always use my Mom against him (sounds mean but this is the nuclear weapon of parent negotiation). It seems that I have some engine options here. Thanks to all for the good advice.
                      Packman

Comment

Working...
                      X