No announcement yet.

Bad news, good news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFS stock upgrade kit for the springs. No dyno/track info. Have not done either. And I never ran the motor with the stock cam. I know it revs way more than the stock cam, since superlinc has the same motor with a stock cam.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Does it sounds stronger? Any cam lope or does it sound the same?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
      5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Car sounds mean. It's not lopy at idle anymore, since I got it running correctly. Still can tell it has a non stock motor though. It might get a bit more pronounced if I give it some more fuel, I think it's running a tad on the lean side now.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
          Posted 'em in another thread...

264/270 duration .512"/.512" 114 lobe seperation. The cam is great, tons of low end, midrange, and pulls to fuel cutoff at 6200rpm. Idles smooth. works great with speed density. Only downside is the price... 255 bucks currently at summit...
          Is that advertised duration or duration @ 0.050?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Se...umber=35-349-8

Comment

Really no bigger than the HO cam, just more lift.
              1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Yeah, the intake duration is actually less than an HO, and the exhaust side is a bit more. Works great.

Comment

So if you got the SD to run right with that cam, could it run a stock HO cam in an Explorer motor without a tune?
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Yes, it's been done many times

Comment

Awesome I was under the impression that a setup like that required a tune.
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS
                      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

It will need a tune to get the most out of it. BUT, it will still be drivable and run strong. I plan on at least throwing a adjustable FPR on it and taking it to the dyno and see where the A/F ratio is at.

Comment

Speed Density is fine as long as you use an SD-friendly camshaft, which mrltd has obviously done.
                          1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Yup, SD just needs a cam with a decent lobe seperation, the cam I selected is 112 or 114. SD needs decent vacuum to function properly.

Comment

Working...
                            X