No announcement yet.

Bad news, good news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is you ignition setup? as far as age. sounds dumb but did you crack a plug? are the wires good?

Comment

I was about to say, you can't have the original motor back
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by JeffBoudah
        How is you ignition setup? as far as age. sounds dumb but did you crack a plug? are the wires good?
        EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING is new and/or has been swapped. From the distributor, injectors, ECU, MAF, TFI, new plugs, new wires...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
          I was about to say, you can't have the original motor back
          Yeah, I gotta stop giving stuff away....It's biting me in the ass down the road.

Comment

Its not like you expect to need it again, the engine you have should work fine. Some of us just have amazing luck.
            -Matt
            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer
              Its not like you expect to need it again, the engine you have should work fine. Some of us just have amazing luck.
              Very true
              1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Yeah, everyone who got the old parts had great luck...Me, on the other hand...Well, pretty much EVERYTHING went bad with this car. Just like my old stang. That stang ended up as a pile of sawzalled scrap.....

Comment

I think the secret to building a Ford is to not spend money on it. No budget builds work great, dump money into them and they screw up.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The secret to building a Ford is knowing that Chevy logic doesn't apply and that if you try to do stuff that works on an SBC, it'll often screw up your SBF.

A wise man once said: Any moron can slap together a Chevy and it will run. It takes a true professional to build a small block Ford.
                    1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

I think its kind of the opposite. Slap together a Ford with used half worn parts and it runs, spend lots of money and they screw up.

Comment

yup, nothing like a 250K shortblock with some ported heads that had 150K on 'em, a bunch of second and third hand junk stock mustang parts that sets all kinds of records....I think I have more in just the camshaft of this wagon than I had in my COMPLETE engine build in the other car.

Comment

I missed your post about the XE264 cam. How do you like it?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                          Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                          5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

And what are the specs on the XE264?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Posted 'em in another thread...

264/270 duration .512"/.512" 114 lobe seperation. The cam is great, tons of low end, midrange, and pulls to fuel cutoff at 6200rpm. Idles smooth. works great with speed density. Only downside is the price... 255 bucks currently at summit...

Comment

My motor finally died on saturday. I'm buying a new one and thinking about shoving this cam or the Steeda #19 cam ($199.95) in my new motor. Do you have any "before and after" dyno or track numbers? What kind of valve springs are you using?
                                Last edited by N A; 01-02-2007, 09:20 PM.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                                Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                                5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X