Grr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grr

I have come to the conclusion that, my car hates the highway... Verrrry much so.. I can ride on country roads all day no prob, get on the highway do the same speed, and she shakes and evrey thing else,

Tonight i went from Ozark to Dothan Alabama, about 15 milles maybey, anyways, she started making weired noices and shaking. And sounded like something from the rear end banging around back there.. I got out, coldent find no prob at all, under the hood. took my flash light checked the rear end, and saw nothing hanging or draging.

Well, i stoped in a wal mart in dothan fearing my life thinking my drive shaft was fixing to snap. and bought some fuel cleaner and some stp jet fuel ( octane booster) and sum power stering fluid.. well, i didnt need the power stering fluid, and went ahead and put the fuel concoction in.

5 milles lator no prob..

Thats how my night went, now can i reswt asure that the prob was bad fuel? or do istill need to hunt down other things?

Thanks mangs for your help.

Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Well that was a simple fix, good to have those.

Comment

Might have been clogged injectors, bad gas, or a carboned up motor, I would run some seafoam or marvel mystery oil through it. Run it through the pcv system, the oil (do this before you change it), and in the gas tank. You should not need to use octane booster, these cars run best on 87 octane only. Was your car pinging under load?

Ive had to run my car on 89 with octane booster but only to compenstate for some ignition and timing issues it was having until I had the time to get it fixed. The motor was also carboned up from thousands of miles of highway speeds.
      Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
      2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
      Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
      Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

would a carboned motor knock that bad on the highway?
        Using sea foam is the best it really works

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Could be bad fuel filter.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

got a new napa fuel filter on it., done a sea foam treatment to tru the brake booster linenot to long ago. Next time i fill up, im going put a thing of sea foam in her.the noise its self came from the underbody though.. like around the muffler.. Im fixing to go jack it up and look at it.

Thanks mangs :-D
            People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Well, my drive shaft is good, had the right amount of play in it. Im fixing to go get some gear oil though for my rear end and lube it up reall good :-P. any ways thought id let ufellers know :-D

Off topic i want a bloody clear cover.. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight
                Well, my drive shaft is good, had the right amount of play in it. Im fixing to go get some gear oil though for my rear end and lube it up reall good :-P. any ways thought id let ufellers know :-D

Off topic i want a bloody clear cover.. :-/
                Your going to lube up your rear end eh??
                Just kidding, ya my car did that to me not long ago and it was beacuse of my fuel filter, changed it and never had the problem since...

Comment

Well, took a half a quart in the rear end.. And i did a sea foam treatment. End result.. Smoother shifts and better sounding cfi :-P also i went and put a half a can in my tank ( Seafoam that is.) so im cleaning my fuel line as well. I smell like skunk oil sorta now,

Any ways as a reminder check ure rear end :-P

Comment

Is your exhaust hitting the floor? Common for a busted hanger or improperly located tailpipe to make banging noises. Those tails are easy to get installed just a little out of position where it bangs against the upper control arm or the springs. Not much room to play with back there.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ill check for them! ) i didnt look for that befre, but it was a thought.

Thanks mang :-D

Comment

Well, none of the hangers had broke welds in them on them.. or anything.. That rumble is still comeing around in the rear end, though... It only does it when around 25 mphand slowing down then going back up... not enough gas getting to it, maybey it being into high of a gear?

Grr, this is why ima get a 5 speed... And! a difrent engine.. I got one spoted just gotta save up for it.

This is the engine im looking at..

And the trany..

Now to find the right rear end for it..
                        Last edited by DarkKnight; 12-18-2006, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Any one got a recomendation for the rear end? and 4bbl carb? Im thinking holy on the carb.. just dont know which one..

Comment

I was in summit the other day. I guess they got their hands on Factory 5.0's that ford had lying around that they had over produced. The had complete GT40p exploder motors and 86-93 HO's complete with wiring harnesses and intakes ect... all NOS and from ford. I thought that was cool.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Yes thats what i said.. verry cool, and decentley priced 2.! Ima try to move on theese quickly before the drag fans burnem all up... kinda hard to find a ford crate engine.. actualy thats the first one ive seen that was made by ford..

Comment

Working...
                              X