Looking at a new Merc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at a new Merc...

Found it on Craigslist. Don't know actual mileage yet. Gonna go check it out in a few. What else besides the Starter motor could cause it not to crank over? Anyway to go and check the starter out, I'm sure I could check it with my Multimeter. But like a dumbass I left at school for the weekend cause I didn't feel like bringing my tools homes.
    Resident diesel addict

maybie its seized.... but moast likely i think it would be the starter or solinoid...

Comment

could be something as simple as a solenoid ....lol or dirty worn out cables............
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Well I went and checked it out. It is MINT. Tan, no rust at all, Frame is in perfect shape. Red Leather interior is great. looks like the older lady took awsome care of the car. The kid who is trying to sell it for the lady, told me that she ahd it and it made a grinding noise. then it wouldn't turn over. He says that is you look you can see a bolt backed out and he thinks it bound up and burnt out. He tried a new 'noid and it didn't do anything (before seeing the backed out bolt) The ad says $600 I'm thinking maybe I could offer $400 or something and get it. It's just a matter of finding a place to fix it. since I love in a condo, my buddy nick has my truck on his property and my other buddy has my '88, it's good to have good friends. I'm pretty much broke from my truck and then wrecking it but I need a vehicle to get to work and such. How hard would it be to replace the starter on this beast, and how much are they? I could pull the one off of my '88 if I wanted but that I think is original and that motor has 170K about on it. I'll keep you guys posted.
        Resident diesel addict

Comment

starters are easy, i did mine in 15 mins...

Comment

should not be that hard

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

My ford starter for my jeep was about 35 bucks

Comment

The one I just bought for the probe was $165. The one I did in the merk a year ago cost me $100.
                -Matt
                1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

In that case, the one from my '88 will do for now if I get it.
                  Resident diesel addict

Comment

jeeze? where are you guys getting your parts from?

Comment

Get it, mang!

Starters are cake, too...
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You better buy it...

Comment

lol, I'll see what I can do about scraping some cash together to get it. you guys will be the first to know.
                          Resident diesel addict

Comment

Working...
                          X