No announcement yet.

Bullet Mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, I'm just looking for something loud, but without the snapping sound...any ideas?
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Are Flowmaster Original 40's loud? On their website they say it's the loudest muffler they make.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

what about putting in Magnaflow cats or something?
        I'm thinking of trying out the Flowtech Afterburners to see what they do.
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

checkout the video on my cardomain page for a clip of the 40 series sound with an off road h-pipe and headers

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
            thinking of trying out the Flowtech Afterburners to see what they do.

They are kinda quiet with cats. They sound kinda hillbilly imo. I had them for a long time on my car with a full 2in exhaust and it was pretty quiet. Then I got my headers and offroad h-pipe and just ran dumps with them, They were not very loud but they were noticable , matter of fact i think I have a vid of em. But they kept falling off my car cause I half assed it with reducers and stuff lol... I really enjoyed driving around with an open h pipe like I did for a few days during the summer it was really loud.

Heres the vid, minus the leak in my collector it didnt sound too bad but it was a tad red.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
              checkout the video on my cardomain page for a clip of the 40 series sound with an off road h-pipe and headers
              It sounds pretty fuckin awesome. What do you plan on doing with that engine after the 408 is swapped in?
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I must be the non-Flow 40 person. I think they sound tinny and have a wierd rattling sound when you let off the throttle. Dynomax SuperTurbo mufflers are nice, but its kind of a generic turbo muffler sound. No tinny sound tho.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I didn't like my super turbos, not enough noise when I wanted to hear it.

I did go listen to some magnaflows and magnapacks on streefire, I must say they do sound good.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

That engine was trashed and produced this, or it might have been the other way around... Either way, it's why im building a 408 for it or else id still be driving it and not have a truck

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I had an engine running on one of these...

-Matt
                      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Edelbrock SDT's...
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                          X