No announcement yet.

Long Tube Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go with the shorties for now. Save some upgrades for later.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Murph's

Mine.
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Yours required modification though.

Comment

it would be nice if somebody started making FULL TUNED LENGTH headers for panthers..wouldint it?
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Not enough of a market for it, most of us are cheap bastards too.
            -Matt
            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
              holy tiny primaries batman!
              Unless the exhaust ports are hogged out on the head, you wont notice any real difference between 1 1/2" and 1 5/8". Actually the 1 1/2" make more power on a stock motor because they keep the exhaust velocity up and the scavenging effect is better.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nitroracer
                Not enough of a market for it, most of us are cheap bastards too.

that's why we need some dude within the panther community to fab them for cheap lol
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
                  that's why we need some dude within the panther community to fab them for cheap lol
                  WHAT HE SAID......HINT HINT
                  YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

So whose got the fab skills and tools willing to step up to the plate?
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Didnt Tom try to use long tubes from a torino or a fairmont or something on the GMGT, I think he said they were close but still needed some tweaking.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

I think I'll either buy better mid length headers or get a set of 'stang ones to fit.
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

long tube headers are a PITA. Shorty headers = teh win.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
                            Didnt Tom try to use long tubes from a torino or a fairmont or something on the GMGT, I think he said they were close but still needed some tweaking.
                            Tried them there way off.

Comment

Just go wwith some BBK equal length shorties and there X pipe for now. Upgrade at some other time.

Comment

full length headers are a pain in the ass......not worth a few extra hp

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X