Emissions crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emissions crap

What are all the emissions parts in a Panther than I can lose without hurting performance? I'm gonna get another Panther soon and i'd like to know so that'll be one of the first things I do. And Kansas doesn't do e-testing, so it's all good.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Cats, air pump, and all the related valves, hoses, tubing, etc.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Ripped it all out including the egr system,Kept the cats because I hate loud exhaust.No change in performance or MPG at all,I have a much cleaner looking engine bay though.On a 86+ MPFI 5.0 you can remove the egr system without screwing with the ecm,by leaving the egr position sensor connected to the electrical plug with the rod fully extended.This will fool the ecm into thinking the egr is still there,but is allways closed,and therefore it will not mess with the air/fuel ratio to try and compensate.Don't listen to the people who say this can't be done,I've allready done this to 2 different 5.0's and proven there are no I'll effects,lost performance or lost gas mileage at all from deleting the egr system,if anything it feels like it runs smoother now.
      Last edited by LTDMan83; 11-19-2006, 06:38 AM.

Comment

I leave the egr just because it doesn't hurt anything, but the smog pump can go. If the cats are in good shape, they also don't hurt anything. The only thing that really needs to stay is the PCV system, since it controls oil leakage. The evap system can also stay because it doesn't hurt anything either.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the cats only take about 5 horse no big deal if they are in good working order then just keep them
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
          X