Ladies and Gentlemen, the GT40!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies and Gentlemen, the GT40!!!

I finally did it. I've been sitting on these parts for about a year. I had to replace the leaking valve cover gaskets. While I was in there, I figured I might as well replace the intake. It's 90% complete. I have a GT40 upper with a Tmoss ported GT40 lower, 67mm Ford Lightning EGR and soon to be mounted 65mm Explorer TB with a CV throttle arm. The Explorer TB has a different TPS location than the Panthers and Fox boxes. I had to order a TPS for an Explorer and bolt the 50mm TB back on until the part comes in. (The Lightning EGR fit like a glove). I also have to lengthen the ACT sensor wires to mount it in the intake tube.

Now I have to save up for a 347 cu in. stroker motor and race-built AOD.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
    5.4L swap coming soon.

Whoda thunk that a simple valve cover gasket replacement job could turn into something like this?

So is it running yet?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Is that on a stock lopo? Well, at least it's a wieght loss.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

cool dude!
        you should be takin' some names now!
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

^

Comment

nice mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Any seat of the pants difference?
              1989 Grand Marquis LS
              flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

lose any power?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

GT40 on Lo-Po heads?
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

You don't want or need the Explorer TPS. The plugs are different. Use the TPS from your stock throttle body or get a new one for your car.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nathan in MN: Yes, it's runnning.

Southern_Pride: It's feels stronger in the mid range and up top.

lincolnmania: I believe I did lose power down low because I can't spin the right rear at all now. I hope the 65mm TB solves that problem.

88MercWagon: I have a set of ported E7 heads on my shelf. I was going to bolt them on when I did the GT40, but I want better heads. TFS TWs are the only ones that fit our flat-top piston shortblocks. My motor has about 85k miles on it and my tranny is toast. I rather slide a new longblock and tranny in there than bolt the ported E7s on the old motor.

gadget73: I'll keep you posted on the TPS. I might have to mod the new TPS wires to work with the old plug.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                      Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                      5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

The 65mm will most likely make it worse. You should have waited to put that intake on. You need the parts to be matched. The GT 40 is for higher flow heads and a bigger cam, it's almost too much for a stock HO motor. Way too much for a lopo that doesn't make any power over 4 grand.

Comment

the stock tps WILL FIT.........the exploder tps is obd2.....the values are different

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Use the stock TPS.

Comment

I have a stock 1986 TPS on my Exploder tb, no mods needed. I think I had to plug it onto the tab on the throttle body first, then rotate the tps into position to run the screws in. Voltage is still where it should be though.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X