Nothing Huge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing Huge

Hey mang's Ok, this isnt a biiiig deal lol. but is still a bit irritating, none the less. What it is is when i go on the brakes. If going to a Complete stop not just braking. It will cut off? It wont do it just sitting there. just when the brake is mashed in id say half way. Any ideas of what this might be?

And i can slam on the brakes and nothing LOL> just like i said. low rpm's...

Thanks mang's

Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Originally posted by darkknight
    Hey mang's Ok, this isnt a biiiig deal lol. but is still a bit irritating, none the less. What it is is when i go on the brakes. If going to a Complete stop not just braking. It will cut off? It wont do it just sitting there. just when the brake is mashed in id say half way. Any ideas of what this might be?

And i can slam on the brakes and nothing LOL> just like i said. low rpm's...

Thanks mang's

Dark
    You'll have to explain your problem a little more clearly. Are you saying the engine wants to die when you hit the brakes?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

No no. Ok. Let me go more into detail.

I crank her up and shes idling good. GO in reverse, Still good. Go on the brakes, going slow. She will die when she finnaly stops. Turn back over. Put in D drive to the drive way. Good.

Or if im driving down the road. At high RPM's She umm. Shes fine lol. Just with low rpms. Shes wanting to die.

Im thinking that due to i retarded my timing i need to bump it up just a hair.And she might do rather well..

Wth someone would shave the heads, or put a Dist off a tooth i dunno...
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

a new engine should solve your problem,,, lol if you bump you timing up a bit, your timming chain may be getting worn out, so when you slow down the cam has space to wander the other way retarding your valve timming, have you changed your timming chain?

Comment

What exactly is your idle speed in gear? Does the idle control motor work? If its idling too low it will stall, and if the idle control motor doesn't work it might allow it to go too low, this is related to your poor running in the cold and probably most of the other idle / low speed problems with your car.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

CFI doesn't use an IAC, does it?

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

no, its got an electric plunger thing that pushes on the throttle lever.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                no, its got an electric plunger thing that pushes on the throttle lever.
                Dashpot

Comment

may i sugest letting the engine warm up a little before taking off......cfi cars are bitchy......hell even my towncar will ocasionally stall once when it's cold out......fire it up again and good to go all day

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

sometimes that happens to me in the moring just stalls have to recrank.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Cool!, yea i can dill with letting her warm up. I think that dash Pot is the key to. It's been getting cool wet mornings/eve.'s around here so thatmakes alot of sence.

Thanks mangs :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
                        Dashpot
                        yeah, that. was having a brainfart. I knew what I meant, I just didn't know what I was saying

Comment

can you smoke a dashpot?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
                            can you smoke a dashpot?
                            Hmmm...you try it, Scott. Get back to me and let me know how that works for ya...

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                              yeah, that. was having a brainfart. I knew what I meant, I just didn't know what I was saying
                              Yeah, well I kinda had a brainfart on the fact that those used a dashpot for the idle control so...'sall good...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X