PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROBLEM

Well i got my new tank in but i started my car this morning to move it out of the garage and it ran the fuel out of the line then just died and its not getting fuel, i never put my sending unit in out of my old tank so im going to try to do that if i can do it in the car, dose anyone know if it can be chainged still in the car? its in the front side

Originally posted by Dave84
    dose anyone know if it can be chainged still in the car? its in the front side
    Yeah, sending unit can be changed, make sure your tank is dry or you could get a nasty shower.

As far as running out of fuel, you might have knocked some gunk around in the tank changing it and it might have cogged your line. If you have a section of rubber line before the fuel pump, take a blow gun and blow out the fuel line to the tank. Your should hear the gas bubbling up in the tank. But watch out because the fuel will come rushing out of the line, so clamp it shut or connect it really fast. That will also get gas to the fuel pump and you wont need to keep cranking for the car to get gas.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

ok,,,i pulled the fule line out of the sending unit and gas came out of the line so the fule pump should be pulling the gas out of the tank right? do i have to prime it some how to get it to run?

Comment

If you pour gas into the carb and fill the bowls up, you can get it to run for like 30 seconds and it should start to pump fuel if the line isnt clogged or the pump isnt bad. If you can try to disconnect both ends of the line and blow it out with compressed air to eliminate the posibility of a clogged line.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Working...
        X