MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAJOR PROBLEM!!!!!!

I ve been driving my car recently for the first time 3 days in a row i went 50 miles around town..... AIt eat two quaters of a tank
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Have you checked for fuel leaks?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

just replaced the fuel line i dont see any hittin the ground
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

so are yous saying it eats a half tank???
        tom had a problem like that with his merk
        so we fixed it with a 4 barrel edelcrock
        dont think that will help anything but ya know!!
        Sellin off toys... need money for the dodge!

Comment

Originally posted by SLIM
          so are yous saying it eats a half tank???
          tom had a problem like that with his merk
          so we fixed it with a 4 barrel edelcrock
          dont think that will help anything but ya know!!
          IT helped me!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

oh you mangs and your carberation........theres something wrong mang.......hard to splain on teh intraweb...........or you full throttle the whole time......need to check all the shit under the hood.......cablemangs 85 vic runs like a raped ape and is stil all stock and gets good mileage...........as pete sais cfi is goodness.......believe me it not that bad when you get all the graemilins out

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

ya my merc eats gas fast to unless i drive it like an old man , which i have to do sometimes just to save gas...

Comment

My suggestion is not to read too much into half tank readings. My car almost always eats through the first 1/2 tank of gas in 80-90 miles, then takes 150-160 to finish the other half. If you think it's sucking gas really fast, go through a ENTIRE tank and make sure. Sounds like you have already checked for leaks. BUT and FYI tip, when you turn your car on (before starting it, just in the on position) the fuel pump gets primed. So turn your key to the off-run-off-run-off-run position several times, then check for leaks. Do this on a cold engine as well, so that if something is leaking on the engine it doesn't evaporate away before you see it.

Comment

i wanna do 4bbl conversion soon i need stuff it anyone can get it for cheap reall cheap
                  sigpic

Comment

My car is exactly the opposite of Blaze's. 160 miles to a half tank, maybe 260 and its at 1/8. Calculate your actual fuel economy before getting too worried about it.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Since my thermostat took a dump my 100 or more miles to the firstr 1/4 tank is more like 140 to the half mark. Thats at 180* at 160* it was worse.
                      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

do a full tune up and replace the T/stat. check for stored trouble codes if possible.
                        vaccum leaks will also kill fuel mileage.
                        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq
                          do a full tune up and replace the T/stat. check for stored trouble codes if possible.
                          vaccum leaks will also kill fuel mileage.
                          It was doing good 23 to 24 MPG after replacing the thermostat a few weeks ago ran at 195. Then it blew the bypass hose over heated a bit. replaced hose and started running at 190. Friday the 13th blew the front heater return hose. Replaced that and it started running at 180. Now the economy is down to around 17.
                          Figure overheating it toasted the new thermostat. Heater output is down so looks like I have to go in there again. If that dosent get my economy back to before over heating will have to pull the air and water temp sensors and check there output with the multi meeter to see if there with in perfered range not just allowed range. I have found that to be important. I have even tested them at the store you wouldnt believe how many are not in the perfered range but are in speck. I have pulled used ones that are better than new ones.
                          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

my comments were directed to the 83countrysquire about his "major problem"
                            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
                            X