No announcement yet.

Big block, instead of a cleveland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been in a big block box, but i have been in a big block fox mustang. Was an almost stock 460, lightly ported stock heads, stock iron intake, stock worn out suspension. car ran 6's in the 1/8th barely got beat by a bad ass small block Vega. Car was insane.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Had a buddy that put a big block Chevy in his el Camino it was fast but not as fast as a big block ford hint hint
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

shit, I had a stock 68 2bbl 429 in a 68 F100 and it'd blow the tire loose at 70 mph.... 3.25 or so rear gears. It'd outrun a ton of ponycars. That was all stock...Log manifolds and everything. Putting one in a box isn't that big of a deal. Sure you all saw the one on ebay... Motor mounts are easy to fab. Accessories could be pulled from a newer F series or just a 70's car...

Oh, and it'd throw you in the seat and slam your head against the rear window when you goosed it.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

My '71 Merc runs great with it's 429-2bbl and 2.75 gears. It will keep up with the fresh 390-4bbl in my dad's F100 (3.00 rear) and keeps pretty even with our '63 Galaxie 390-4bbl (3.00 rear).

The 429 has so much low-end torque, the 2.75's suit it well for acceleration and cruising.

Buy my Merc... then you'd have an engine/tranny, along with a car to go with it. It's cheap if you want to come up here and get it. You can drive it back. It's got a D1VE-6015-AA (google the PN, they say it's possible CJ) block and DOVE-C heads.
          1990 Country Squire - under restoration
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

iff he dives it bakk he woulf loves it tooo muxh

Comment

I dunno man, i been thinking about this now for a whille. you would prob have better luck with the small block. But not ass much power torq, But if it's built right and you have the right trany/rear end/ Hell carb, and all your cooling stuff, along with suspenion,brakes, maybey a chassis upgrades. Youd be good to go,

Might i recomend if you are going to do that one killer ass custom Blower?

From what ive seen on your car though, i think it would allready preety much withstand a Clevland :-P

Hope that helps,

Dark

O, and Hope your doing allright in Iraq mang, you shoulda made it now and got tru with taking your ,med. shot's. ( Hopefully by a cute nurse ;-D )
              People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

but tis a big block 514 ....bad ass indeed tho it just cool shelby did it y cant he

Comment

I think FRPP still sells 600ci blocks. :evil:
                  Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

difint see one inteh catilog but if yiu can find iy be cool say by by to gas milage :evil: loll

Comment

Cleveland. Its a much less common engine, and you already have it. 460s can be had all day long but finding a 71 4v 351c is not the easiest thing to do.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

but itsa big block cvome on eh eh........big block!!!!!!

Comment

Cleveland

'nuff said
                          Nick
                          88 Colony Park LS
                          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

347w nuff saids

snurper chargrd

Comment

Big car needs Big Block!!! nuff said!!

Comment

401 Kuntz Turbo motor

only $25,000
                                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                                X