Two things i need-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two things i need-

Two things i need to do is get a better EGR, and Figuer out how to Unstick my trottole body or what ever it is that sticks and makes rpm's go up,

Now the EGR i can do with the junkyard, easy enough to take off and bolt on :-D but the unsticking or making it not stick for the TB has got me.. What would you guys sujest? Im thinking about Gasoline and a tooth brush.. but what can i use to keep it from sticking in the future?

One last question/request. Can someone put a picture up of the actuale Trottole Body? I still dont know exsactley what it looks like... I just clean evreything. or try to at least..

Thanks mangs,

Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

No one? :-/ guess i burned my briges...
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Well, let me ask this then, if i pull a whole EGR CFI unit off another 85 vic can i fix my Cold Start/and High Idel? with thoose parts if there good, or is there alot more work in changing out the parts?

Thanks for any responces :->

Dark

Comment

carb cleaner will clean any garbage out of the throttle body that you need. No guarantee replacing the CFI unit will actually fix anything, since most likely the problem isn't the CFI unit itself, but the choke or high idle stepper motor that is the problem with the idle. It would be better to figure out what exactly the problem is before you go swapping parts out.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks man, Is it safe to spray evreything i see that is assosiated with the trottole? Ima track down pics for a 84 - 86 crown vic/ GM with a CFI and try to see whats the difrences in them on how they look.

Thanks mang. For the Input :-D

Dark:

Comment

I figured out whats sticking around my carb ) now it's just getting it lubed up or something )

Comment

spray liberally. Nothing you can really hurt there. If any vaccum hoses fall apart, they were bad anyway. Just replace them if one cracks or something.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

This is the little bugger thats getting stuck.. The thing right above that arm thing.

Comment

That would be the choke. Its supposed to slowly open as it warms up. The connector on the side supplies power to a heater inside when the motor is running. If that wire has no power, or the ground is bad, or the heater is bad, it wont work. Also, if its not adjusted right it wont kick down. If it doesn't move freely, then thats also a problem. The device behind the choke appears to be some sort of vacuum pulloff thing. Not exactly sure on it's function.

Comment

Yea thats the thing thats sticking the device behind the choke :-D when it sticks it idels waaaay to high but if i lift it a bit to unstick it Walla Presto good as new. i sprayed it with carb cleaner and then with wd40 hopefully that will fix it. if nothing elese ill go buy some more wd40 when the stores open up monday :-D...

Thanks for the input there bra :-D

Dark :-D

Comment

Working...
                    X