Camshafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok mang.....i wasnt sure

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
      E cam is a good power maker, but gears and converter should be in the plans with 220 duration. 2400-6000RPM operating power range for that cam. .498 is the lift.
      E cam is about as far as you can go without having to go with gears and converter. It also works well if the stock heads are ported.

The next step up in FMS cams actually gives you 5 more HP at top end but looses about 30 at low and bottom mid range and would require gears and converter.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
        E cam is about as far as you can go without having to go with gears and converter. It also works well if the stock heads are ported.

The next step up in FMS cams actually gives you 5 more HP at top end but looses about 30 at low and bottom mid range and would require gears and converter.
        The Mustang guys I have seen run the E cam with an AOD and stock gears/converter ended up with a VERY soggy bottom end. A truck has taller tires and weight is a pile more.

GOOD MID-RANGE AND STRONG TOP-END POWER, REQUIRES MODIFIED MASS AIRFLOW, AFTERMARKET INTAKE, PERF. CYLINDER HEADS AND HEADERS, MUST USE 5-SPD AND 3.55 OR NUMERICALLY HIGHER REAR GEARS. REQUIRES CRANE SPRINGS AND RETAINERS. (50 STATE LEGAL 85-93, C.A.R.B. E.O. D-225-46) BASIC RPM 2400-6000

Comment

dont you need a shitload of low end torque in a truck just like a panther?
          how bout the exploder cam advanced 4 degrees?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
            The Mustang guys I have seen run the E cam with an AOD and stock gears/converter ended up with a VERY soggy bottom end. A truck has taller tires and weight is a pile more.
            Were those 302s or 351s a bigger engine would require a slighty bigger cam. I also figure the guy wwill not be stopping at just addding a cam. Porting those heads for moer flow through out lift range would be my next step. We ported the 302 on the shops truck with speed density a mild cam big gains just took a little more fuel pressure. He blew the tranny though adjusted the TV cable wrong. He called me about it too late.
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
            X