Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke problems

Hi
    I instald a choke conversion kit bolt's right on to my original choke, where the round plastic thing goes, any way its hooked up and move's i never took off any of the rods connected to the choke but now i cant get high idle in the morning and it runs bad, and after its been running and shut down for a bit it seems to be flooding it's self, and i have to put my foot to the floor to start it, then other times it seems like theres no fule and i have to pump it to start it

What does this conversion kit do exactly? Converts it from what to what, heat choke to electric? Did you adjust it so it works and apply power to it? Sounds like the adjustment is set too much to one side and the choke is either slammed shut or its staying open. I'm not 100% sure since the symptoms seem to be conflicting. If the choke was set too lean, the high idle would not operate but the engine would not flood. If it was set too rich, the choke would not open, causing the engine to flood, but the high idle should operate normally.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

it is converted to a manual choke

Comment

OK, does the choke both open and shut? And what is the cable hooked to, direct to the butterfly or does it hook to where the original heat choke was? And why did you replace the heat choke with a manual anyway?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yes it opens and shuts, it's not hooked directly to the butterfly, and i changed to manual because my heat choke was N.F.G it didn't work at all, i think ive got it figured out anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X