No announcement yet.

Pulled my codes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked about that hose before and no one knew what i was talking about ), should i plug it or... Should i take the one thats near it, ( It was burnt at the end before i bought it. ) and splice it together?

Thnaks mang :-D
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Find out where exactly those hoses go before you splice things together. The EGR connection should be a green line if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if the EGR solenoid is on the passenger fender or on the valve cover for a CFI car though.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

at the very least plug the vaccum hose, but you need to plug it from EVR solenoid which is the supply to the EGR.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I still dont know if i have a spacer or not :-/, nor if that bolt( In the first pic), and it's twin are the one's i take loose. Any help on this would be aprechated,

Thanks mang's :-D

Dark
          People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Holly shit Im glad I don't have cfi, should stand for "completly fucked injection"

Throw a 2bbl on that bad boy and be done with it!
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I see you havent studied my diagram enough yet!
              It shows you exactly what hose is supposed to run the EGR.

There is one line that runs under the car, its the one going between the fuel tank and the charcoal canister. If its rubber hose is leaking it will make a gas smell. The canister purge is done with a vacuum operated inline vlave that is activated by one of the vacuum solenoids on the valve cover (on CFI)

oh and yes youves got the spacer... the EGR comes off with those two nuts on the back of the spacer - one is 1/2 other is 9/16 - EGR should slip right out. get a new gasket if the old one is torn up!
              Last edited by 85crownHPP; 08-29-2006, 01:55 AM.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

^_^ Woot, ill try that :-D I gotta get some open end wrenches badley :-/ socket's wont fit back there....

Thanks Mang :-D

Comment

:-D well i got my egr off yesterday and cleaned it with a toothbrush and gas :-D, i must say it was preety nasty looking though... Umm hat to ask but where was the o ring supposed to be?

Thanks mang's

Comment

why bother cleaning the EGR? you dont have the vaccum hose hooked up to make it work.
                    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

^_^ That might explane it to.... Humm if only i knew more about this demn thing.. Thanks for the insight though 88 :-D

Dark.

: Edit : O yea is that the black line comeing out of it? or is there another im unaware of?

Comment

Working...
                      X