Pulled my codes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled my codes.

Hey guys, i pulled my codes, was woundering if you guys could help me decipher. )

Here they are

this is koeo

22= Manifold absolute preasure (MAP) Sensor Or Barometric preasore ( Bp) Sensor- Signal voltage out of specifacation ( Engine off ) or not at normale level's ( Engine running )

34= EGR valve postion ( EVP ) sensor or feedback EGR ( PFE ) Sensor : signal voltage out of self test specfication or limit's Or, signal voltage above closed limit during normale engine run oporations or, signal indacates insufshiant flow EGR flow

67=Inproper signals are being sent from either (NDS) (NGS) (NPS) (CS) (MLP) OR (ACC) OR A/C ON DURING SELF TEST

85 = Canp solenoid - circutefailure or transaxel prob 3/4 shift solenoid circute failure failure. or, (eca) status-adaptive "Lean" limit reachedin fuel controle program.

then same as above

Ok, my timing, well it said to hook up a timing light, i did that and turn the car over, ( I made sure it was set at 10 base ) it then say's that it will make some codes come up and to disreguard them. they never came up anyways though, and the last thing it said is when you reconnect your connection ( Spout connector ) it should have a increase of rpm's if it did you pass, so i passed. )

And last was the koer

All it did was one long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep it nver stoped, even after 5 min's :-/ eh, and it dosent say anything about this in the book.

Thanks's guy's you all know evreything i know now )

D.K.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Map might be bad, or it the wiring or connector is bad. That'll make it run like ass. Same for the EGR, it's either clogged or bad (the EGR itself)
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

If I unplug the vacuum hose in my car, it runs super rich, backfires, puffs out black smoke, etc. The vacuum hose for the map could be disconnected or broken, check that first. If that doesn't fix it, check the wiring then replace the map sensor.

The rubber vacuum lines for the charcoal/evaporative emissions canistor is either missing or damaged, which is probably why you have a code 85. On my car I have a vacuum line that runs directly from my upper intake manifold to the charcoal canister with a sensor in between, which is underneath the battery in the passenger side fenderwell. I can't say its the same for your car since you have CFI, check your manual for an exact location.

Code 34 could be because the egr valve is not closing or a bad egr position sensor. Is the vacuum line to the egr valve connected?
      Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
      2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
      Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
      Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

I had codes 22 and 34, replacing the MAP took both of them away.

Comment

The map sensor was umm. the wiring.... Ill check on that charcoal thing tomarow, no make that sat,... Is it hard to clean the EGR? or should one just replace it?

Thank's guy's

D.K.
          People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Sounds like massive vacuum leak if I had to take a random stab. Or a bad MAP. My friend had a MAP go on his Mustang, and it ran like complete shit. I pinched off the vac hose to it, and it idled normally again.

EGR is easy to clean. If you have the type of intake that has a spacer plate under the CFI unit, unbolt the CFI unit. Disconnect the lines on the EGR valve and unplug the sensor. Lift the plate off the intake. Clean all the carbon out of it, and pull the EGR off the spacer itself. Clean the holes where the EGR bolts up, and get as much of the garbage out of the intake as you can. Make sure there is a rag or something stuffed down the bores on the intake otherwise all that crap will end up in the motor. If you have the type of intake that doesn't have a spacer, just unbolt the EGR and clean the pintle and the holes out.
            Last edited by gadget73; 08-24-2006, 09:23 PM.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool, Now just a little question left on the egr, How do i tell if i have a spacer? I know im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but im self sharpning.

Ive come to the conclusion, that i have a massive fuel prob. Ill just go over it in the order i worte it down,

EGR
              Exsaust
              o2 sensor
              Timing?
              CFI

Only thing i can think of doing is replacing/salvaging theese item's so max im thinking as in cost to me is maybey 160? :-D

I sholda done like Scott told me some time ago, and just replaced evreything ) That way id know. But that woldent be any fun. And i woldent learn as much.

Im thinking i might have a vacume leak as well, not sure where at though... I checked my rpm's today with my dwell/tech/point's meter, and at idel it's 600 :-/ that cant be good can it, seeing if the choke suposed to make it go up to 300. Weired,
              Other then that i cant think of anything else.

Thanks agine though guys. :-D Ima get on this, might take tomarow off though from my car. :P

d.k.

Comment

I was just going to answer your EGR question, until I realized you have an '85. (I'm not sure about the CFI cars, sorry).

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

If your map sensor is throwing a code, and it's not working right, the car is going to run like poop. It uses the map sensor to calculate load and add fuel accordinly. If it's screwed up, it won't know how much gas to dump in...

~Adam

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
                  302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
                  '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
                  '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

What he said. If the vacuum and/or MAP signals are wrong, everything else will be. Hook a vacuum guage up and see what you have. If its low, you have a leak somewhere. Find and fix it.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Map's fixed now ), like i said it was the connection, Them guys that had it before bought a new one at some time put the old one in the trunk. when they took the old one off. they broke the clip that held the wiring harnes on to the actuale map snesor. ::: Roll's Eye's ::: So i got a couple rubber bands around it. and you could hear the difrence..

Ill pull the codes agine to see if that cleared that code.

Thanks mang's

d.k.

Comment

yea even on old carburetter cars a vacuum leak is really bad my 74 Capri used to have leaks and it ran like yours until I found and plugged all of them, the exhaust used to smell like gas and it idled like POO.
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Humm, yea sounds more and more like one of my prob.s case even before i ut a cut in my exhaust it smellt like fuel still, now' it's unbarible though )
                          Not sure where to look at though, case i realy thought i had allmy vacume leaks pluged. Are there any that run under the car? ^_^

Thanks mang's

dark

Comment

EGR?

Hey there, i should prob make a new tread for this but all im wanting to know is,. is this where i unbolt my egr in order to clean it? )

And can you guys tell if i have this spacer? by these pic's?

Thanks guys.

I just hate to take something off and it not be the right thing and wind u being *%@&ed..

Thanks agine :-D

Dark.

Comment

looks like there is an open vaccum hose going to the egr in the first picture. the valve wont accuate, if there is no vaccum going to it from the control solenoid.
                              2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                              89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                              88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
                              X