Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine (re)build is starting... (big duw)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seneeb
    dad got it for 20 bucks.

initially we're going to disable the secondaries, as the primaries will most likely be enough
    Why bother? They do not open unless you mash it anyway... You would end up wanting to slit your wrists if you only had thost pitiful tiny primaries to run on 100% of the time. You can't tell me that you will never want to accelerate to highway speeds quickly or that you will never want to pass another car...

Comment

The Q-jet primaries are for cruising. I remember once after my friend rebuilt the Q-jet on his Monte Carlo and got one of the linkage rods on there wrong how horribly pathetic the car performed. He left a clip out or something but the rod that opens the secondary butterfly had come undone. It was like riding in a 3800 lb car powered by an anemic 4 cylinder with a stump puller rear. It accelerated really well till about 2800 rpm and fell on its face. Spread bore carbs are great, small secondaries for good low end torque and economy, and a fat secondary for high end power. They also have that badass sound with the flipped air cleaner lid if you lay into them. Thermoquads are also great for the same reason, but suck balls when the plastic bowls crack open.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X