Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine (re)build is starting... (big duw)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine (re)build is starting... (big duw)

so, we're starting on the engine rebuild on the 84. here's some pics:

We've got the oilpump in and are flushing the block oil system. The carb is a quadrajet 4bbl

Last edited by seneeb; 08-23-2006, 10:01 PM.
    GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
    1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
    99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
    03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
    95 S10 93 Accord

Your camera focuses better on the dust on the lens then the giant engine block its pointed at :lol:

Why the quadrajet, just something you had around?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

dad got it for 20 bucks.

initially we're going to disable the secondaries, as the primaries will most likely be enough

oh, yea, my camera doesnt like taking darkish pictures
      95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

From what I've heard, quadrajets always tend to have flat spots that will drive you nuts at the track. I don't know what would happen if you disabled the secondaries though, as they might be what cause it. Again, this is just what I've heard from a couple people.
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

A lot of people like the Q-Jets, they are very tunable if you know how to work on them.

I have two smog-era ones on some GM products (A '76 Cutlass and a '73 GMC Sprint). Both have 350's. The Cutlass runs like a raped ape, the Sprint runs like doped Granny.

So what kind of build is this going to be?
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Wow...focus. I know you want to show off your project, but take an extra minute to get some clear pictures.

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
            302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
            '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
            '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

A quadrabog on a ford, hmmm, I dunno. I like em on my GMs.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

sweeet build that sucker!!!

but doesnt the crankshaft have to go in before the oil pump????
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                  Wow...focus. I know you want to show off your project, but take an extra minute to get some clear pictures.
                  I guess you didnt catch the part where I said my camera doesnt like taking low light pics. It's very spotty sometimes.

Right now, we're just going to get her running with a mostly stock rebuild. There will be a little bit of werk done to it, but mostly bearings and such only. We need to rebuild a 50+ year old 10kw willey's jeep generator and the only place we have to do it is where the box is sitting.
                  95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Q-Jets in proper working order are OK, but when they get screwed up, forget it.

And I think you're missing a crankshaft, unless you're going for that vibration-free uberstroker.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

did u take a thermactor pump with you?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

dont need a crank shaft to run the oil pump through the passages to make sure all the oil paths are clean

scott, I forgot to get the pump. I'll be coming back up in october some time to pick up the c6, i'll get it then.
                        95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Looks like fun,wish I could help!Are you just rebuilding it as the standard Vic 302,or are you upgrading to the HO parts along the way?

Comment

Oh OK,just saw that you said your going with a mostly stock rebuild.Not even gonna throw some E7's on there?

Comment

no e7's. I have a set of D0OE heads that are slightly modified that will go on the race motor which we will start building after the generator is running.
                              95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X