Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm?

Hey guy's

I know my car has alot of issuies but this Morning, when i started her up she started fine and got out of the driveway fine, then somewhere down the road her rpm's i guess spiked. Well i was having to check on something, so i kept on to the grave yard, then turned around and came home. also with no effort to apply gas it was getting up to 55 - 60 and it was hard to hold the breaks.

I put it in park thinking it was the timing and loosened my bolt and retarded the timing, all the way back to 10 nothing, i retarded it a little more, nothing, i then put it back at 10 And woundered wtf? I took my breather off. and the first thing i noticed was moisture all over the cfi. gas water i dont know. didnt smell like neither.

So now im thinking it might have flooded. So i keep the breather off for a little bit go in come back out. And started her back up. Well same dill. but. after about 20 sec's it stoped. and whent back to normal..

Anyone might know what this is? it's the 3rd time it's done this since ive gotten it. O yea, usualy if it does something like this i have a harrrdddd time cranking it back.

Thanks in advance,

Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Sounds like your cold start operations are acting up and then it's fine once it gets to operating temperature?
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Throttle linkage probably got stuck, happens alot on hot and humid mornings. The throttle plate on my merc used to get stuck every hot and humid morning before I would drive to work. I would have to mass the pedal once to free it before pulling out of my driveway. I had it happen when I was driving too, some wd40 every now and then stopped the problem.

These cars don't like hot and humid mornings and I spent alot of time tuning my car. Its typical of any old pushrod v8 with , they cannot adapt to the weather as well as a newer car. Could have had mositure on the TPS sensor or the IAC motor, nothing you can do about it. Check for codes though if you can.

I'd let your car warm up for a few minutes before driving it even in the summer time. Rev it once or twice lightly to blow out any condenstation in the exhaust since your car doesn't see alot of driving. Excessive water in the exhaust will cause problems, I can shoot trails of water out of my dual exhaust system on some mornings.

Don't mess with the timing unless you know for sure its the problem, it will cause more problems if you do. Check it again with a light, set it 10btdc, and leave it alone. If your timing was advanced to the point you described, the engine would be racing at a constant high rpm, example 3000 rpms. You would not have been able to even put the car into gear to move it.
      Last edited by 87mefull; 08-19-2006, 12:41 PM.
      Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
      2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
      Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
      Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Humm, lots of good info , Im not sure if it was it warmed up or not or the fact that i reset the computer. Ill go rev it up a few times in a min to blow the water in it. Now mind you i dont have a muffler or tail pipe the guy that owned it before me on both of his panthers cut them off. :-/ BAH!

And the car wont run right at a bvase of 10.... it pops stuters stalls "Load's Up" And a bunch else, So i been seting it by ear. ANy how Thanks for your responces

Dark
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Working...
        X