Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use 15W-40 in the diesels at work
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Mercruiser marine engines use 15w-40 too. Volvo motors call for 20w50 or 30 usually, Crusaders want 30 or 40. All of them are Chevy blocks. I don't understand either.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Marine as well as heavy truck engines are under heavy load and stress. They require oils with high additive content. In particular additives that provide high pressure protection between metal componets. Many of these additives are being removed from most oils for enviromental reasons. Rotilla T and racing oils havent dropped them yet. I have used truk oil since the 70s.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

15w30 mobil 1 synthetic, runs smooth as silk.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

i could'ent find any oil more then 10w 30 so i just baught that and a new Fram filter, and my knocking has gone away

Comment

Working...
            X