I fill like a dumb ass..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fill like a dumb ass..

Hey guys i been thinking, and reading... Thats scary....

Any how i been reading in my Shop Manual. And it's got this thing about figuring Probulems with car's It's some sort of sheet. And it makes you think...

Any how, to sum all this up. I Thought about when my car started acting up.. Becase it didnt do it when i bought it. And this is what i was doing to it when it started to mess up.

#1 I changed the dist cap and rotary button
    #2 I changed the plug wires
    #3 The first thing i did to my car was put 10$ or premuim gas in it. ( When i bought it
    #4 I kept getting Premium gas and Fuel cleaner and added it to the gas.
    #5 i changed the PCV

Ok, So now What i have done To try to fix the prob is.
    #1 Went and bought brand new dist cap and rotary button, plug wires
    #2 Set the timing
    #3 Found out i didnt have a carb and used fuel injector cleaner
    #4 Found out preuim is bad for my car and started useing reg.

Ok, now Im adding this up in my mind, ( Like i said it's scary ) ) aNd the only thing i can think of is....

My Carb is fucked.! or the Injectors, or something... Fuel Related...

Any thought's on this? I almost got it pin pointed to umm the fuel due to i made a post one day after i filled up with premuim, About it rattel around in there and popin,then blaming it on a bad plug wire...

Any how. any thought's are welcomed. How to test for it anything )

Thank's guys,

Dark

O yea, i know you gonna ask. My injectors on the left side as your looking under the hood, makes a Poof type of burst of fuel, and the right side. makes a stream type of fuel come out. Does this mean anything? Thanks agine in advance :->
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

When you set your timing did you have the SPOUT out?
    Change your fuel filter.
    Any codes? (Check Engine?)

The squirting fuel is due to an injector o-ring that has a tear or hole, but whatever it is it is not sealing. If fuel is actually going into the engine compartment you need to stop driving that and get it fixed ASAP. And the poping could be coming from the cylinders that have the fuel leak from the injector, it is most likely lean.
    Last edited by JeffBoudah; 08-11-2006, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Aye, i set my timing with the spout connector unpluged ) Changed the Fuel filter ), Codes, it wont spit me any codes except on the koeo, KOER test wont work,. And it say's in the book take to a Shop if codes scaner wont work.

Humm, that popin shit been going on for a whille now mang :-/,These o ring's High? As in do i need to save up for them )

And thanks for the info man :->

Dark :->
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

O-rings are just that, simple rubber rings, cheap stuff. Question is would you be able to find them at a parts store?

Comment

Humm, Good question. I looked them up at Auto Zone, No luck though :-/, But Napaonline has something for like 2.96cent's )

WooHoo

Thanks,
          Dark

Comment

Did you ever change the plugs tho??
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Aye, plug's and plug wires

Comment

Humm :-? To late to edit. Question for you feller's, Where is the location of the injector o ring's btw? )

I just got back from napa, after looking on there online web cite saying they had them in stock on there, and come to find out that they dont, :-/ On top of that, The jocker told me "You sure it ant efi?" I said "Yes sir im sure it's CFI" He said " Whats it look like?" I said " Looks like a big ass fucking crab in the middel" He said "well thats a cfi." I said yes sir it is... He said, "you want to buy the whole injector's?" I said no sir i just need the injector o ring's 15 min's lator after staying into his computer not typing nothing... he say's im sorry we dont have them...

Any how enough of my rambling ) Next place ima check is Oriley, Online they say they have them as well.

Thanks feller's
                Dark

Comment

I bought a nepoprene O ring assortment in a plastic box @ Harbor Freight for around $3 or $4.00. If you have a store in your area, you might try that.

Comment

Humm

Humm :-? Well i got a little bit of an update... I took my finger and swiped under neath the injector reall quick just to see if i could fill anything else down there. After i did this. I started the car up, Just for the hell of it. I then crawled over to the injector's And both of them had little poof cloud's coming out of them :-?

So i guess i dont need the O ring now?

Any how i set my timing back to 10. and well it still does that popin shit... So i ounce agine set it by ear. And it fixed the popin shit., but. if it goes to far, the popin shit comes back. and i gotta set timing back to 10 and restart :-? Eh..

Any how, thanks guys

Dark

Comment

Might have been some garbage on the end of the injector. You might need a new set of fuel injectors, its possible yours are fouled internally and not spraying properly. Have you checked the intake manifold vacuum? Are all your vacuum lines in good shape?
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Humm, not sure ho to check the intake manifold vac line, or even which one it is atm.. all my vacume lines when i got my car where cut But i belive i got them, all except one back togeter properley. But the one that is not hooked up, neter end has a vacume... Im thinking one is not right some where but dont know how to tell which one..

Thanks feller's :->
                        Dark

:Edit:
                        O yea, and someone told me that my "popin" is usualy called by mecanic's pinging from what they hear listing to it )

:End edit :
                        Last edited by DarkKnight; 08-16-2006, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Plug into anything connected directly to the intake manifold, and that will show you manifold vacuum. The PCV valve is usually good and easy to get at.

What color is the line that isn't hooked up? Where does it go?

Just curious, have you tried pulling the CFI unit off and cleaning all the carbon out of the EGR plate that sits under it? If that gets all plugged up, the EGR valve wont shut properly and it can make the car run very oddly.
                          Last edited by gadget73; 08-16-2006, 01:15 AM.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

did you get the plug wires in the correct order when you changed them and the cap and rotor?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Humm, Ok, ill try and go in order, The vacume line off the EGR is defenetley sucking .: Nods : Ok, One line is green comeing off of the umm :-?CFI Selonoids.. The other end is/was burnt off i cut the end of it and theres no suction there, it's a gray line. They dont macth. at all., And nope i havent taken the cfi off. to be hounest, im a bit skiddish about it. Do you happen to know of a good diy guide for it?

Ok, :-> The plug wires have been checked and re checked a few time's now.
                              And the cap and rotary i took them off and put them back on just like before And rechecked the plug wire order agine after that. But that does bring up a question i been woundering., Is there a way any way that the rotary button can be put on backword's?

Ok, And lastly a little up date. This AM i got my timing light out agine and checked it with the spout conector pluged, and it was around 15 - 16 - 17 somewhere in there ) I nlpluged it and coldent tell what it was at but... it moved about a inch and a half to the left, and it's was running good like this.
                              Does this help in any way?

Thanks feller's for all your intrest. ;-)

Dark ;-0)

Comment

Working...
                              X