Throttle Cable Replacement ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Cable Replacement ?s

So it looks like Im finally gonna get paid and can now get my car running. To cover my bases Im going w/ a Lokar kickdown (w/ the Lokar bracket this time, long story) and Throttle Cable cause I know if I dont Ill find out that the stock throttle cable doesn't work w/ the new bracket (http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku) which I hope will work w/ my 2bbl Holley.

My question is does anyone know how long a throttle cable Ill need? 24", 36"? Cut to fit?
    Thanks in adv.
    Last edited by 91 LTD; 08-04-2006, 01:55 AM.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

I used the 24" braided stainless cable for mine...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Word. Whyd you switch over from stock?

Comment

He pulled the CFI and installed a carb.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yup.

And happy with that setup too. It runs good.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Cool. Gonna order everything from Summit today or tomorrow, can you think of ANY poss. reason why the 24" cable wouldn't work on my car? I know Im being paranoid but I really want to take care of this in one shot.
            Last edited by 91 LTD; 08-05-2006, 08:06 PM.

Comment

just be carefull that you dont fray the cable cause you could ruin it.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
                just be carefull that you dont fray the cable cause you could ruin it.
                Word. Am ordering LOK-DP-1000HT duo pack cable and bracket kit from Summit along w/ an AOD tv cable KDP-2AODHT (from Jegs cause its $24 cheaper). It's not too hard to replace the throttle cable and bracket right? I prolly wont fuck w/ the tv cable cause if I gotta cut it I don't have the right tools.

To save money Id like to hook up the throttle cable myself and then Ill have my car towed my mechanics so we can install a floor shifter (big ting is someone who knows what they're doing swapping out the shifter arm on the tranny, once I get the shifter Ill prolly cut the hole and do as much installation as I feel comfortable with doing) and adjust the tv cable settings w/ a pressure guage per the Bauman website.

Thanks for all the info, tech, and advice, it is very much appreciated.

Comment

Duffman say rjays.com has the best prices on Lokar

www.rjays.com has the best prices on ALL the parts listed above AND the tailmount floor shifter Im getting. Take that Summit!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 LTD
                    www.rjays.com has the best prices on ALL the parts listed above AND the tailmount floor shifter Im getting. Take that Summit!
                    Just got my order from Rjays.com . Need LOKAR? Go to Rjays.

Comment

Working...
                    X