No announcement yet.

Grr, i think ima shoot my car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the lifters? Could one of the exhaust lifters be bad, causing the exhaust valve to not open all the way?
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Go through and unlpug and replug every electrical connector you can get your hands on. Be sure to do the one for the ECU (located to the right of the Brake Booster, has about 50 wires going into it) See how it drives after that.
      Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 08-02-2006, 11:01 PM.

Comment

put it down:animalmother: hahaha jk i really dont even think a .308 could kill the beast man, might wanna go with a 7mag.
        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Here is a thought. It has a different cam right? Maybe it doesn't use the same firing order. Just for shits and giggles, try a 351 firing order. Maybe someone stuck an HO or 351 cam into the thing.

1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

^_^ Good idea, im gonna do it, and the connection thing to :->
            People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

HO firing order, timing chain???
              Along with that iw as on the phone with my grandmother, And i told her what was going on, the first words she said, well i cant quote them, but she said cam, along with my lady frineds father, ( My grandma use to rebuild engines for the army back in the 60's )
              Also your grandma ROCKS!!
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Yea, she's preety cool with Engines and shit. She said " If i could still lift the engine with the hoist i would rebuild it for you.

Heh, actualy i found out how long it took her to rebuild a engine in a 1 1/2 ton truck, and im inpressed. She would take it out do her owen machine work to it boreing it out and what not, and have it put back in, within a 12 - 14 hour day

And the other thing that got me with her was, i was telling her about my oil pan. And saying i might want to lift the engine out in order to put the new on it.
                She said "NOoo, you dont have to do that you need to floor jack's And place them, i cant think of the name of the part. but you just lift it up a little bit on both sides and you can take the pan out..." )

But she's old school )
                People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Ok, this is a little update, I got a few but ill spread them around :-D

Ok, im 99.9% Sure that it was is. my timing,/As well as maybey not so sure my troatole cabel as well :->

Reason why, TOday i got in the beast, and road down to the drag strip. I noticed a little Poping. Crackling, whatever, along with the engine being a bit reved up. And sorta wanting to bog down/load up whatever )

Ok, so i got back to the house and said wtf, poped the hood, saw the fan was still going. So i said well let me play with the timing a little bit more.

Got my wrench loosened her up. And retarded her a bit. Not much just backed it off a bit till that little high rev went down.

The difrence? No more poping no more Loading up :->
                  This is a big step. for me to fig out that if it's at base timing it's to low. And the same thing happens when the timing is to high )

Allrighty, now i been down around the strip hanging out listning to car's how they sound. esp Boxe's ( We got alot of Box fans down here ) all shadetree's though. And i noticed my engine sounding simulare to some of the folks down there. Now ima check ounce my car is back at 100% cold, ima start her up and see if i have the same responce :->

Any how Thats just my little engine update. Firing order thing didnt go so good btw, and unpluging stuff and plugiong them back in didnt help nither:-/

Tell me what you guys think :->
                  Dark. :->

Comment

If its the wrong firing order, it will pop and shake and run like utter poo. It was ju st a random thought. Have you checked the manifold vacuum? Maybe there is a leak or something, or the cam is too much causing low vacuum. Low vacuum will screw with the EFI rather badly.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                    X