No announcement yet.

Carb. ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis is a anular booster in the front barrels. They are hollow inside and have multiple holes were elmulson enters the carb. The rear booster venturies are straight leg ones with a single hole. The annular style work better on some applications and get a better signal. There are several other style boosters with double venvuries and othe r confgurations.

Hope this helps. The 4bbl is off an 84 Mustang I think I have enough parts to rebuild it If anyone would like it.
    Attached Files
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by 91 LTD
      By "butterfly tube" I meant (I think) choke horn. Didn't see LIST anywhere. 80179 was stamped on the outside of the tube that houses the butterfly plate, and GR F833 R(P?) on the flat outside area of the choke horn.
      Neither of those digit sets make sense. There are OEM Dodge Holley 2v carbs with similar numbers, but most are the small carbs for 4 cyl engines and look more like a 2.3L Ford carb than a standard Holley 2v carb that goes on a V-6 or V-8.

Comment

Look familiar???

Comment

Those are another type of venturi designed for more torq. The p/n should be in the same place I showed above and yes a marine carb might start with an 80xxxx
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

From what I have found so far, that is NOT a marine carb. It is an OEM application "smog" carb. 325CFM Model 2300 carb. I am still working on the OEM number conversion. 80179 is an OLD Holley part number. There would have been a stamped tag attached to the carb but was obviously removed. Just like is common with a Holley 4V carb, someone probably attached a stud to the hole on the bottom of the throttle linkage for the AOD TV cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer

Look familiar???
              That's it!!

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                Here is the list # and its location. The part no is the 4 didget one with the S behind it in this case. The 4 didgets is the carb no the s means nothing
                Looked again and this is where it's stamped 1991 80179.

Thanks Bloodhound Gang for all the new info! Still can't remember who put it in my head that this was a marine carb.

Comment

Any pictures yet of where the TV cable connects?

Comment

Not til I get a dgital camera (hopefully soon). Is this a "good" carb? Had it rebuilt, it looks new, works great.

Comment

It is a good carb. You are not trying to run 4 second 1/4 mile times with it, so it is fine for your application

Comment

Can anyone see why I would have any problems mounting this bracket http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
                        to my 2bbl Holley? They say it fits 4150, Performer, 4160, Carter AFB, Thunder Series AVS, and Quadrajet, but will it fit mine?

Thanks in adv.

Comment

I see no problems. It appears to mount on a single stud, so it should be fine in your application. I am assuming that it looks like the picture on the Lokar site and not the picture in the Summit ad that you linked to. The Lokar picture shows a set screw for locking it in place.

Comment

Yeah, tried to attach p.41 from the lokar cat but it was too big. Just the standard bracket for attaching their tv cable.

Mad Props

Comment

Working...
                            X