Carb. ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincolnmania
    ford dealers were replacing the vv carb with a holley 2bbl.......had one on my 84 cvpi........tossed it in favor of a motorcraft 2150

What Holley 2v had a TV lever for mechanical rod linkage, and what Holley 2v had the lever sized for TV cable linkage. There would have to be at least 2 distinctly different Holley part numbers. Since the Holley 2v was not certified for the emissions systems, the dealers would have been violating Federal/State law if it is true that they were changing them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
      What Holley 2v had a TV lever for mechanical rod linkage, and what Holley 2v had the lever sized for TV cable linkage. There would have to be at least 2 distinctly different Holley part numbers. Since the Holley 2v was not certified for the emissions systems, the dealers would have been violating Federal/State law if it is true that they were changing them out.

Sorry for the lack of pics, (lack of camera). Will go out and see what I can find for numbers on the carb. Previous owner was a dumbass who didn't do shit to the car, so my guess was the CHP. She passed CA emissions as is.

And thanks to everyone who has taken interest in this Scooby-Doo mystery.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Originally posted by 91 LTD
        Will go out and see what I can find for numbers on the carb. She passed CA emissions as is.

And thanks to everyone who has taken interest in this Scooby-Doo mystery.
        A good mystery is always fun. It is a lucky thing that you passed the visual because without a CARB (California Air Resources Board) certification number, an aftermarket carb is not kosher. Many inspectors do not get that picky though.

Comment

How you know so much bout CA Smog?

Comment

How you know so much bout CA Smog?
            I was stationed in California. It cost me $300 to get my Capri initially smogged. The factory Holley was messed up and running rich so I had to bring it to a shop. I could not bring the car onto base until it had current license which I could not get until it was smogged. I was at the mercy of the shop and hated it.
            How are you coming along with getting those numbers off of your carb?

Comment

That sucked, all us cvillians gotta worry bout is gettin pulled over (doubtful in LA) w/ bad tags, or and this sssssucks the expired tag ticket from the parking goons. Will go get those #s now.

Comment

Numbers (and some letters)

So w/out taking too much apart: the carb has stamped on it HOLLEY (looks just like th 2300 marine), and on the tube that houses the butterfly 1991 80179, there was 11034 stamped on the body of the carb and on the horizontal round plate/ top of the carb that the butterfly tube sticks out of GR F833 R (P?). The carb is bolted to an adapter plate.

The intake had the following stamped on it (very curious bout this one):
                E6TE-9425-DA and 13726548.

Thanks in adv.
                Last edited by 91 LTD; 08-01-2006, 07:25 PM.

Comment

the carb has stamped on it HOLLEY , and on the tube that houses the butterfly 1991 80179, there was 11034 stamped on the body of the carb and on the horizontal round plate/ top of the carb that the butterfly tube sticks out of GR F833 R (P?). The carb is bolted to an adapter plate.

The intake had the following stamped on it (very curious bout this one):
                  E6TE-9425-DA and 13726548.

Thanks in adv.
                  You should be looking for the Holley number that has the word LIST before it. It is on the Choke horn on the flat ouside area. When I say choke horn, I am referring to the part of the carb body on top that the rod with the flat choke plate going through it is held. Al of the carb air has to travel thru the choke horn. The numbers on the choke butterfly plate and the connecting linkages including the "butterfly tube" are just individual Holley part numbers. Without a picture, your assuming that it has an adapter plate isn't much information. Are you saying that this is a 4V intake with a 2V carb on it, or are you referring to an EGR plate, or just a carb spacer plate?????
                  I don't have my 351W intakes here to check which has that casting number. Someone else on the board with a 1986 or later 351W powered CV can check theirs sooner than I can.

Comment

More than likely, the CHP had problems with the CFI (imagine that!) And tossed it for his carb, since it was easy to install, and if it was tuned up etc... it would pass emmisions.... (And since they keep their cars in really good shape do totheir maintenance program....)

My 2 cents!!! Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

You should be looking for the Holley number that has the word LIST before it. It is on the Choke horn on the flat ouside area. When I say choke horn, I am referring to the part of the carb body on top that the rod with the flat choke plate going through it is held. Al of the carb air has to travel thru the choke horn. The numbers on the choke butterfly plate and the connecting linkages including the "butterfly tube" are just individual Holley part numbers. Without a picture, your assuming that it has an adapter plate isn't much information. Are you saying that this is a 4V intake with a 2V carb on it, or are you referring to an EGR plate, or just a carb spacer plate?????
                      I don't have my 351W intakes here to check which has that casting number. Someone else on the board with a 1986 or later 351W powered CV can check theirs sooner than I can.
                      By "butterfly tube" I meant (I think) choke horn. Didn't see LIST anywhere. 80179 was stamped on the outside of the tube that houses the butterfly plate, and GR F833 R(P?) on the flat outside area of the choke horn.

As for the intake, to my untrained eye (that had been looking at 2V to 4V adapters yesterday in the summit catalog) it really looks like a 4V intake w/ a 2V carb (Holley) on it. Also upon further inspection dont know if this helps but the two "barrels" (under the butterfly plate) are not just tubes the tops are divided up into wedges like a pie (better fuel/air mixing?).

Comment

Pictures are definitely in order.
                        You are probably seeing the boosters that look like a wedge in it.

Comment

Originally posted by trwp72
                          More than likely, the CHP had problems with the CFI (imagine that!) And tossed it for his carb, since it was easy to install, and if it was tuned up etc... it would pass emmisions.... (And since they keep their cars in really good shape do totheir maintenance program....)

My 2 cents!!! Tom...

351 cars didn't get CFI. They got the Variable Venturi, which was much worse.

I think the 80-81 Tbird 4.2/5.0 cars had a 2150 with a TV rod lever. I doubt anything specific ever existed in the realm of a carb with a TV cable, but its not exacltly impossible to jury rig up a system to hook it up to.

And while dealers and shops may have been violating emissions requirements by putting the VV in the bin, I doubt that stopped it from happening. I can't tell you how many shops I've know have fixed smog carb nightmares by ripping it all off and slapping stickers on.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Pictures are definitely in order.
                            You are probably seeing the boosters that look like a wedge in it.
                            I sholud have said divide up into a "pie" by wedge shaped inlets, hopefully camera sit. changes soon.

Comment

Here is the list # and its location. The part no is the 4 didget one with the S behind it in this case. The 4 didgets is the carb no the s means nothing
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by turbo2256b; 08-02-2006, 01:34 AM.
                              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

This is a down leg booster. It has a single emulsion hole for the fuel mixture to enter the carb.
                                Attached Files
                                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                                X