1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - Crank/No Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    if you have power at both sides of the inertia switch, its either a ground, broken at the pump connector on the front of the tank, or most likely the pump itself. If the tank is full, its the pump, just because thats the most inconvenient time for a pump to fail.
    Sounds about right! I'm too far away to go do it so that just proves geography CAN really be your best friend. I think he has someone, close by, that may be able to look at it and possibly do it in the next few weeks. I agree with wiring or bad pump. Too bad as I am told it is a Motorcraft pump with little mileage but 5-10 years since replaced. He did mention he was looking at a Delphi replacement as opposed to a "Autozone special". I didn't see a Duralast one available but only Delphi and Trugrade (whatever that is). I'll keep everyone here updated as the saga goes on. Poor guy has a hospital stay coming up in the next day or so - Hopefully, someone can help him out. I'm getting too old to be dropping tanks or trying to get it all done without dropping the tank! I know on the later GM's you can do it without dropping the tank but not sure on a '95!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

+1 pump.

There's one last thing to check... the ground on the chassis from that wire harness. Sometimes those come loose. I have no clue where it's located as mine never came loose. It should be on the wire loom going to the tank. Just follow it back towards the front of the car and there should be a bolt holding a ring terminal to the car somewhere for a ground.

+1 Delphi. That's what I just did for my Expedition. Didn't want to deal with the crap senders on the other designs.
      Last edited by sly; 10-17-2024, 09:36 AM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        +1 pump.

There's one last thing to check... the ground on the chassis from that wire harness. Sometimes those come loose. I have no clue where it's located as mine never came loose. It should be on the wire loom going to the tank. Just follow it back towards the front of the car and there should be a bolt holding a ring terminal to the car somewhere for a ground.

+1 Delphi. That's what I just did for my Expedition. Didn't want to deal with the crap senders on the other designs.
        Great point - I'll pass the info along and hopefully whomever does the job is meticulous enough to check!
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Working...
        X