Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

05 Vic throwing codes, P0193, P0456. Any common places I should check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 Vic throwing codes, P0193, P0456. Any common places I should check?

Just got my first panther. These codes are keeping my check engine light on and me from getting it inspected. Are there any common problems in these areas with this gen of cars? I need to get this figured out quickly, so any insight helps. What would be a good starting place?

P0193 is coming up Fuel Rail Pressure Circuit High
    P0456 is coming up Evaporative Emissions System Leak (very small leak)

Metal head, guitar player and all around nice guy!

You can verify with a fuel pressure gauge if the fuel pressure is really high or not or just replace the sensor.

As for the evap leak, that's usually the gas cap gasket needs cleaned. Try that first. The next item to look at is the evap canister and assorted bits in the cage under the car on the bottom of the trunk. A smoke test will probably find the leak.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks Sly, gas cap gasket has been cleaned and the codes reset. We will see if it comes back. Just replaced the fuel rail sensor and the seals in exhaust where it was leaking in the flow tubes with some rtv to in hopes to stop the leaking. I guess it’s wait and see now.

Metal head, guitar player and all around nice guy!

Comment

Working...
      X