anyone have a good pic of the BACK of a 01 cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have a good pic of the BACK of a 01 cluster

topic says it. Need a good high res shot of the back of a 01 police cluster to verify the circuit I'm using to get the temp gauge working.

The original gauge sensor in the 93 is ~37ohm at 170 degrees while the ECT reads about 3.7K ohm. If the back of the Police cluster is the same as the civi cluster (which I don't think it is) this may be my issue. I specifically need the temp gauge area.

right now the gauge reads almost H at normal operating temp on the original sensor and well below C (like an open circuit and I know it's not because I've tested it) on the ECT. Also, if someone has the EVTM of the POLICE cluster that would be nice too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

nevermind... found one... and it's an 03 and exactly the same on the back as the 99 civi cluster I have. They really only changed the speedo for the Police vics.

now I'm really at a loss as to why the f'n setup won't work. Gauge reads like it's an open circuit (or HIGH resistance aka very cold) when hooked to the ECT like the wiring diagram shows.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X