Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy 1988 Lincoln Town Car mirror - Driver's side, near mint or better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy 1988 Lincoln Town Car mirror - Driver's side, near mint or better.

Hey everyone,

Shop had to take off my mirror for paint so I figured rather than put the original back in (the thermometer doesn't work) I'd have them swap in one that does. If you've got one with nice chrome & dial lying around that matches the one in the pictures, let me know. I need it ASAP. Thank you! Derek

Click image for larger version

Name:	[1] Mirror - Dial Detail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1302901Click image for larger version

Name:	[1] Mirror - Plug Connector Detail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	1302902
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Is 89 the same? At Parts Galore on 8 Mile there is an 89 TC that was put out in yard just last week. I don't recall what the mirror looked like though.

I was there Friday morning before I went out of town for the weekend; I didn't get home until last night.
    There were a couple sets of MGM turbines on a 90 and a 91 MGM that also arrived last week, all center caps were MIA though. One set looked Ok, the other was a little more ugly but not overly terrible (imo). There was also a set of HPP wheels on a 99 MGM, but the clear coat was coming off at least one of them so they would need a bit of work to look decent.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I found a nicer looking one on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1988-19...2be762&vxp=mtr

But it turns out that its a bit different than mine. That ebay unit looks like Ashley's dial on her 89. Would work just wouldn't be true to the car. I think I'll end up snagging it if nothing turns up by Wednesday. There seem to be minor differences between the years, 87-88 would be prefered for my car. Plugs for the earlier cars were different.

I was just at PG on 8 mile this past Saturday. They charged Ashley $13 for a rusty coffee can! Can't believe that.. Anyway, we didn't see the TC but did see the turbines you're talking about. I'm going to try and find unused spares, buy the dish style lincoln hubcaps and call it good for next winter, unless nice turbins or lacy spokes show up lol. Anyway, Ash and I intend on hitting the Detroit area yards this Saturday for trim and a better coffee can for her truck..

Comment

Got it, 88 and 89 are not exactly the same.

I also saw a dark blue 87-older CV pull into the parking lot as I was leaving. My car looks... not great, but compared to this CV my MGM looks pretty good.

$13 just for the coffee can? Sometimes I find the price on things to be quite strange. The whole electric setup for my passenger seat was less than $20, but head rests for the back seat in my Yukon were like $20 each. I would expect the electric seat setup to be north of $50 at least and the head rests to be around $10.

If you happen to be out to the yards early I should be able to get out in the morning but will be need to be back home around noon.
        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Nope, but the electrical stuff is so they will work. I like the 89 years as the text is bigger and easier to read but the early stuff is more script & classic like.

I'm sometimes amazed with what pulls in that lot. A lot of it is in worse shape then the cars in the yard! When we do our runs we only take her beat up 1990 F-150. Nobody messes with it and there's nothing worth stealing on or in it.

Yep, I was expecting 5 bucks tops. I've walked through there with other hand held stuff and been waived through.. You should check into that US Auto parts in Sterling heights! I got the whole grille for my TC & misc trim for $100. Those guys have set prices but when you buy in bulk they work with you.

Well we might get on the road by 10, so it's probably not worth it for ya to join but the offer is there if you can swing times past noon. We're hoping to find blue velour interior for her car and other misc stuff that looks neat.

Comment

Another free bump for your thread...

When I go with my dad we usually get a latter start since he lives at least an hour Northeast from me, and it always ends up being an all day event going to multiple yards.
            We were going to US Auto a while ago but for some reason my Dad and Uncle decided not to.
            It is kind of sad that I haven't been there since I live 3 miles away, but one of these days I'll check it out.
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Thanks, I need all the help I can get! C'mon peeps, sell that mirror you've got hanging around, I promise I'll post pics of the ride after!

Yeah, Ash and I usually end up making it an all day affair. The potential to find a gold mine is just too good to pass up and going to one yard usually puts us that much closer to another yard so we end up hitting them all and before we know it, it's 3 or 5.

That place is nice, they've got free wheel barrows and can even tell you where to find the cars you're looking for. You can also check their inventory ahead of time using your phone or computer, if only the other yards would start doing that.

Comment

Here's another free bump in your quest for your Driver's side 1988 Lincoln Town Car mirror.

Wife changed plans (not really surprised) so I will not need to be home by noon. What yard are you planning on heading to first? You may get to see my pos 91 MGM after all.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                  Here's another free bump in your quest for your Driver's side 1988 Lincoln Town Car mirror.

Wife changed plans (not really surprised) so I will not need to be home by noon. What yard are you planning on heading to first? You may get to see my pos 91 MGM after all.
                  Oh man, you should've PM'd me! I'm just now checking this.. We went to everyone but PG in Flat Rock. I think I may have mentioned in a diff PM or post about the PG on Warren having great lwhale picking & some box picking. I found a winter steelie set there.

Comment

I got the car back from the body shop yesterday and it looks like they were able to fix my thermometer. Well, it's not stuck at 73 degrees anymore so that's nice. Looks like I no longer need a mirror.

Comment

Working...
                    X